Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

nut milk

Can anyone tell me how to make nut milk? I don’t mean to sound like a dummy, but I really have no idea. thanks

Comments

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Soak nuts for 12 – 24 hours. Drain, rinse, and put them in the blender with water – I use about a cup of hazelnuts (measured before soaking) and 3 or 4 cups of water. Blend the nuts and water well, and pour the mixture through a nutmilk bag or sprout bag to strain out the pulp. You might have to squeeze the bag some toward the end, and my bag is small enough that I have to do some, empty out the pulp, and do some more, until I get the whole batch through. I like to then (after rinsing out the blender) put the strained nut milk back into the blender with a teaspoon of vanilla and a date or two and blend again. YUMMY!!!!!! (Much yummier cold, so refrigerate or blend in some ice when making it)

• thanks so much, I will have to try it:)

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

For some great “milk” recipes, click on the Recipes tab and search on “milk” or “mylk”. You can also search the web with the same search words for tons more recipes. If you want to see a demo of making almond milk (other nut milks are made the same way substituting a different nut), Karen Knowler has a video on youtube.

Happy milking…

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

be careful when soaking nuts for that long – they can go bad! i don’t know how to prevent them from going bad… if you have a powerful enough blender though, you only need to soak walnuts 4 hours, almonds 12 hours, cashews 1-2 hours.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I forgot to mention that I rinse mine at least once during the soaking process – just drain, rinse, drain again and then put clean water in. I soak almonds for 24 hours, too, but yeah, cashews don’t need that long.

• my favorite milk is half brazilian nuts and half almonds. it’s smooth and creamy, so delicious! (adding lecithin makes it supercreamy)