Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Feeling scared about the world.

MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I need some support. I have been ignoring “the fear” and not letting it get to me for MONTHS now. But I seriously am getting very nervous about what’s happening for humanity. I’m in the US and things are just getting scarier and scarier. It’s impossible for me to ignore now and tonight I was really hit by some anxiety, after reading about how so many corporations are jacking up their prices 20-25% and how prices for fuel and food on a worldwide scale have been increasing, sometimes overnight.

It’s just freaking scary. Like I said – I’m trying not to let the fear get to me. But it seems like it’s everywhere, and hard to ignore. I was thinking the other day: what is it going to take for people to take a stand, make their grievances known? We’d probably just be sprayed with tear gas by police if we did, but still; I am feeling like I want to run into the middle of my town and start a massive protest. I feel like I want to get right in the face of the greedy bastards who are driving this world into poverty and start screaming at them.

Obviously not productive…but that’s how I’m feeling.

Tonight I had some serious nervousness about the state of the world. I read about how the Hadron Collider, the biggest super-collider ever, is going to simulate the events that first spawned the universe, so that scientists can study them. Basically they are going to create a micro blackhole, in a lab, but this seems so messed up to me because the laws of physics break down with black holes. WE don’t know what properties they have and how they will react to a lab environment. It just seems so stupid to me. There is a chance these people could destroy the planet, yet they don’t even care. It is said that the chance of the world being destroyed is ‘zero but not zero,’ but how the hell would anyone know, when we don’t know the properties of a black hole?!

Anyway, just stuff like this, plus how costs are leaping day by day and people are struggling and feeling disgruntled that makes me feel utterly powerless. .

Just had to get all this out.

Comments

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Not to mention how all of our rights are being eroded away. :-(

It’s just pretty overwhelming.

• chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

I know how you feel Moth. I’ve been in touch with this kind of fear for a while now. I keep focused on hope. That keeps me going. I believe no matter what happens that some of us will survive to have a 2nd chance at living as humans on the earth. I believe that I will be part of this few.

I have an exit strategy in place also to get me away from the ‘problem’ and I have faith that I will be in a safe place in time for ‘whatever’. I also think it’s important to be part of the ‘wake up call’ team and help prevent/minimize the ‘whatever’. I am working on a few ‘wake up’ projects now. This is my version of “running into the middle of my town” and “getting in the bastards face”. Direct action is great, but be careful. That kind of thing can get you arrested these days.

Don’t be silent!!! Your voice is not just important, it’s mandatory.

Hang in there, Keep Hopeful!

Lovebows, Chris

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

It is important to try and think positive thoughts.

Thought is creative.

What you think you create.

Think fear and doom, you get fearful situations and doom.

If enough people refuse to get sucked in to the fear, and instead fill their minds with positivity, we may just get a positive future.

I see news and TV and politicians putting forward the most negative perspective on everything, trying to spin us into fear and panic. I feel that they want us to be scared. I’m not going to be.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

nicely put zoe.

it’s also important to remember that “life” is not that serious. the physical world is real to us, but if we had a deeper vision, we would see it is just one layer of REALITY.

i read this book by thich naht hahn called “no fear, no death.” it made me realize that most fear stems from the fear of our own mortality. when we realize that HUMANITY is but one form the energy takes, it’s easier to step back and get a wider perspective.

yes, human beings are committing slow communal suicide, and i think when we are more conscious human beings we feel sad for the ignorance abounding. but being free from worry is not the same as apathy. BEING our change and informing people, as chris carlton said, esp. when it comes from a place of compassion, is all we can do.

just some things i try to remind myself, to keep sane.

one more thing: i think the more mess there is, the more of a challenge it is to our sense of inner balance and the stronger we can cultivate that balance. it is easy to be a kind, calm, balanced person in the garden of eden. can we keep that sense of balance when there is turmoil AROUND us? and, like zoe touched on, when we remain positive in the face of challenges, the challenges are reduced because we don’t give them any extra power (with our attention, worry…)

• Moth- great advice from the others here. I would also recommend watching Ian Lungold’s videos (he is passed now) that explain what is happening and why. It lets us know that in the end, everything will be not only ok, but better. There has been a cycle of this happening… us evolving consciously, for longer time than any of us have ever been taught in our society. It has purposefully been kept from being made known to us. Knowing the truth will allow us to focus on the brighter future that is coming. There have always been chaos or negative events happen before the betterment and changes that came about after, and the chaos is actually our friend, or a good thing to us, in a way. Without the problems we have now, we humans would not become aware that we NEED to make a change in our actions and consciousness- our ways of thinking about each other and our world. We need the negative in order to promote conscious change and evolvement in ourselves.

Here are a couple of his videos. I found them to be very helpful in creating a sense of peace about what is occurring now, even though I am still saddened to see some being harmed.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-868926… – Part I

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-567329… – Part II

and

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mDN6ZcZ0y9I

He was a gift to us.

aspire—started watching the mayan calendar one but i have to go so i’m going to watch the rest later. just wanted to say WOW! i always love to learn something new, esp. when it can change your entire worldview! THIS is MIND blowing!!!!

very thankful to YOU!

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

I’ve started watching the Mayan Calendar. Wow, it’s very thought provoking. (aspire’s first link). Thanks!

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

MOTH - With the way you think, I think you would make an excellent survivalist! Survivalist’s are people who are determined to be prepared once it “all comes down” (for lack of a better way of putting it). Basically, if you are scared about what is going to happen in the future because of things like rising prices, food shortage, the end of cheap oil…start planning now.

Survivalist’s aim are to be totally self-sufficient. They have their own places with gardens to grow all their own food ( those that are not raw – might fill their cellars with things like beans and stuff – if they aren’t vegetarian, they raise their own livestock and learn how to hunt), forage for wild foods, have solar panels on their homes for electricity. their cars runs by some alternative fuel method (or they bike everywhere), etc…

Basically, they don’t have to worry about the rising prices of food, oil etc because they produce their own. The only thing they say they worry about is that coming day when the oil runs out they have people who aren’t prepared banging down their doors!

If you are prepared for these things, you might feel less anxiety because you will feel prepared.

Oh, there are plenty of resources and groups on this too – so don’t feel you are alone in it if you are interested. You can learn to do all these things. :)

Here is something to keep in mind too. There was a time when families grew almost all their own food (sometimes they would trade what they grew with other families – they hunted their own meat too) and there was no electricity or cars and humans managed to make it somehow (watch Little House on the Prairie sometime and you will see). Yeah, it was a lot harder of a life but I think we have gotten a little bit too comfortable in our modern society that is totally dependant on systems that are run by cheap oil. Even our food system.

Don’t feel too overwhelmed. If you want to start being more self-sufficient, I would start learn how to identify wild foods. I am amazed at how many wild foods are out there that are easy to identify and free to pick! By my house, there is LOADS of wild fennel – people don’t know it is basically the same stuff you pay an arm and a leg for at Whole Foods.

I totally understand how you feel though. I can get bogged down in thoughts like that too. It really disgusts me sometimes. So many people so caught up in their lives (normally filled with dramas that they cause themselves by making their lives more difficult than they have to be) that they really don’t notice what is happening. They will only be shocked into reality when they can’t recharge their IPods and or chat on their cellphones anymore.

When I feel anxiety about what is going on in the world, I feel it works best to just “unplug” for a while – get out in nature, walk or bike, turn off the cellphone and MP3 players, computers and be in nature.

Try doing some days where you use almost no energy – meaning car, electricity and see how it goes. You will see it is often a lot easier and stress-free than you think.

Right now, I don’t have a car and I admit it I sometimes really hate it and it makes some things difficult but it forces me to get my butt out on the bike to go and get food and such. But right now too, I look at those gas prices and I am sort of glad I don’t have to worry about that right now!

I hope I helped. Just realize there ARE ways to change to – you don’t have to be at the mercy of these problems. :)

• Pianissima and Winona- it is my pleasure. Pretty amazing, isn’t it? :) It resonated very much with me.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

queenfluff – I never thought of myself as a survivalist, but that’s what I’m coming to… Do you know of a good book for learning to identify wild edibles? I’ve been wanting to learn that for a while now, but I don’t know where to learn it.

MOTH - it’s true, that being prepared really helps counteract fear. I have a goal to be self-reliant, now AND in the face of any kind of disaster (natural or otherwise) :) Now, whenever I start to feel fear, I look at my overall level of self-reliance, and I find something I can do to improve it. Whether it’s buying extra garden seeds, or buying local organic produce, or making candles, or learning how to do something new that I used to have to hire someone else to do, or getting more education to prepare for a more profitable career, or whatever, it makes all the difference when I know I am doing my best and making progress. You ROCK! And you have more power than you realize, so do your best & enjoy your life!

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

queenfluff – great explanation of survivalist. i’m leaning toward that culture now that i’m raw. my goal in the next 5 years is to buy a small plot of land, plant fruit trees (like raw model does), then soon after buy a yurt and erect it on the land. at that point i’d start a large vegetable garden and green house, and i’d be totally off grid. i’ve chosen not to have a car, so i travel by bike right now. my challenges are: saving money for land, buying land that’s close enough to work but has plenty of trees -no car, have to bike/bus in winters too, making time to garden, saving money to buy a yurt, saving money for all the other things (water filtration, trees, greenhouse, seeds, etc). buying other things that will get me off the grid (ways to shower and clean clothes without running water/electricity), installing bathhouse at the yurt, etc.

and in the midst of all this, i work 40 hrs a week in an office, and i’m taking classes to try and get a college degree. i haven’t been able to save too much now that i’m eating organic raw, sigh. but i will keep positive, keep my spirits up, and keep planning hoping dreaming that one day this will come true.

• Another important thing to remember is that we all need eachother – we can exponentially grow our own food, shelter and message by creating communities of like minded people. There are a number of communities sprouting up around the country/world committed to living off the grid. If it feels too overwhelming to start from scrath, search meetup.com or ic.org (and many other websites) – you will find someone locally doing the same thing – the internet is our way to connect – let’s make very good use of it – and make sure and turn the TV off – it only seeks to promote fear (aka, inaction)!!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Winona – Absolutely – go for your dream! Even if you can only save your change :) I have started paying cash for things, and I never pay with any coins, just with bills. I’m on a super tight budget, but doing it this way, the change is my savings, and I save it until I can put it toward self-reliance: buying extra seeds this week for next year’s garden is what I’m using this batch of coins for. That way, I never miss the change, but next year I can have a great garden without having to put out as much money for seeds. I realize this is small-scale, and it’s just one thing I do. The point is that if you want to get somewhere, you have to start. :)

aspire—OH MY LORD! if you haven’t already done so, you have to watch the first link on aspire’s first post. it will change the way you think. i love things that do that!

• Yikes! I’m sorry I forgot to post the second part! I’ll list them both here and then go back up and edit it into my original post, too.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-868926… – Part I

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-567329… – Part II

lol- Pianissima. I felt the same way after I first watched it! VERY exciting!! ... And STILL is when I re-watch it! ;)

Great points Angie, PureJoy, QueenFluff!

Winona- fantastic goals you are manifesting!

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Guys – thank you all so much. I knew I could count on you guys to help me pierce the gloomy fear with rays of sunshine! Everything you all said made total sense. I DO believe that our thoughts manifest reality and am becoming more aware of what I “send out” lately. I definitely am going to make steps towards becoming a survivalist. Self-sufficiency and being prepared for anything is an awesome way to find peace in my mind about the future. I don’t have to think about the future and have it cloud up my mind if it’s already taken care of.

I’m just going to stay focused on Being Here Now.

Thanks again, and those videos are cool!

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

here’s some info about the collider, if anyone is interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQYXMqEwRxc

They are launching the first phase this June (formerly May), testing computer systems before the real stuff gets underway.

Anyway, I find it interesting, but I just would prefer they not destroy the world and all.

• Pianissima- having liked Ian Lungold’s information, you may also find this two-part documentary fascinating and informative, too (It is long, but quite worth it):

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8250619… – “Ring of Power” – part I (2 hrs 23 min)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-115834… – “Ring of Power” – part II (2 hours 40 min)

I also highly recommend Eckhart Tolle’s book “The Power of Now” for some mind-blowing, yet peaceful discoveries about ourselves.

:)

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Ummm, am I watching the right video? I’ve listened to most of the first video… pieces of it here and there throughout the whole thing. It doesn’t do anything for me… maybe I’ve got the wrong video. Can someone provide a summary… to see if it’s worth my time? And if I have the right video.

• Germin8- I am assuming you are referring to the “Ring of Power” videos. :) I should have warned, I did find it to start out slowly too, but then once it got into the second and third parts after about 30 or 40 minutes, it gets more and more fascinating and provides quite astounding information that is defintiely not common knowledge (yet). But then perhaps, it just may not be something you find intriguing either. Who knows, since we’re all unique? :)

I am short on time here, so I will just copy and paste the description to the right of the video:

“From the mystery religions of ancient Egypt to the Zionist role in 9/11, “Ring Of Power” unrevises 4000 years of revisionist human history with never – before – seen revelations. “Ring Of Power” puzzles together the pieces of a giant puzzle into one BIG PICTURE documentary series. The Producer is an experienced, award winning documentary filmmaker who, as a child, learned that her father was a member of the secretive cult of Freemasonry. She recalls many arguments between her parents over her father’s secret meetings and the exclusion of women from the brotherhood. The Masonic ring that her father wore had been passed down from father to son over the generations. When she asked her father about the meaning of the letter “G” and the compass and square on his ring, she got no response. As an adult, she decided to investigate. That investigation grew into four years of intensive research into the identity and history of the diabolical globalists who she calls the “Ring Of Power”. Their goal is one World Empire and one world ruler. Episode I: 9/11 THE UNTOLD STORY (38 min.) Half the world believes Muslims were responsible for 9/11. The other half believes Israeli Zionists were responsible. Who

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Oh wow, that is totally not what I was watching! I’ll check again.

thanks aspire! keep ‘em coming!

i will watch the ring of power today. i have read both of eckhart tolle’s books. and although i loved them i don’t think i was able to integrate them until it “clicked” when i watched the mayan calendar video. that’s why we need to “go out of our minds!” =) it is a necessary evolutionary step needed to keep up with universal consciousness.

does anyone else feel like the more they grow, the fewer people they can really have meaningful conversations with? i am so grateful for this website. i’m sure that as this consciousness evolves i will be meeting more like-spirited people.

oh, and germinate—were you watching the mayan calendar one first? it takes a while to “take off” too, but it gets REALLY REALLY good!

i just finished the “ring of power” documentary. woh! so, i’m thinking (hoping, intending…) that this prophecy will not come true seeing as the mayan calendar is foreseeing the end of the power era… thoughts?

• kundalalitakundalalita Raw Newbie

i didn’t get to see the end of the ring of power documentary… i fell asleep after about 2 hrs…i’m gonna try to finish it today…i have to say though, sometimes people get an idea in their head and they take off and run with it…i found it difficult to fully trust what they had to say after this one part where they were pointing out how the word “Amen” shows up everywhere, and they said: look its even on the front of the bible in the word “Test – AMEN -t”.... having studied latin and ancient greek for 6 years, i have learned that the word “testament” comes from the latin “testamentum” which means like “a will”, from “testari” which means “to make a will”. the greek word “amen” means “truth” wherever it shows up… so testament wouldn’t have showed up until it was translated out of greek, the greek originally would have been something like “diatheke”...and “amen” would have only started to appear after the bible was translated into greek from the original aramaic version (which doesn’t use amen). The only connection i could see would be if some new research found that the greeks adopted the word amen from the egyptians, but even if that were the case it would not support their argument that the biblical use of the word amen directly refers to the worship of the god Amen…

even though i wasn’t able to fully trust everything they had to say, i think its interesting speculation…i’m definitely a ‘9/11 was an inside job’ supporter….and i still have to wait to see what the prophecy is since i fell asleep! I have to say, i’m more lenient towards the mayan calendar…. it looks like more trustworthy research done on something with a lot of credibility, centuries of history, instead of a bunch of speculation piled together by who knows who on the internet….I’ve seen Ian Lungold’s lectures before and they just seem to make sense, and really resonate with me. And I see the things he’s talking about happening in front of me.

i think i want to look into the whole survivalist lifestyle too!

• Kundalalita- I think you are good to remain open-minded to everything, which includes questioning EVRYTHING- all sides “good” or “bad.” Many people may have individual pieces of the “Big Picture” correct, but not have everything 100% correct (or 90%, or 80%, or whatever it may be), and I think it takes a lot of researching and open-mindeness to consider all angles and sides, then learning to discern the most correct information along with learning to recognize and then strengthen our intuition to help discern the “truth.” And it may take putting pieces from numerous areas or people to get to the Truth. Just personally, I try to look at what the ultimate message is from the presenters of information. Are they promoting peace and prosperity for all beings here on earth (which I believe is possible), or are they promoting seperatism overall, which will always lead to suffering of others (which is what we have kept repeating over and over in our history, overall, and it is obviously not working)? But that is not to say that I do not care to know everything, both big and little, that is correct and incorrect in other people’s ideas. The more each of us learn and share with others, the more we can help each other to learn the Big Picture. It will take each of us doing our parts to change things, not just One to “rescue” or “save” us. We caused this mess, we have to fix it. If we can take responsibility for ourselves (which has to start with each of us as individuals in our own lives), I do believe we will then see/receive “outside” assistance (from God, Source, whomever, etc) in things changing for the better.

Pianissima- I think perhaps the “prophecy” may be attempted to be incorporated in the (near) future. I do not discount it completely, although it is always possible that it may be only somewhat correct in its details- possibly not 100% correct. ?? But I would not be surprised to find it (or something similar) being attempted to be made to come to pass. Despite that feeling, I do not think things will turn out like Selfish Ones wish it to in the end. I think if the “prophecy” does come to pass to any extent, it will only cause to further the shift of each of us realizing the need to live in higher consciousness of helping each other and our world thrive, not live in competition of one another. In other words, I kind of combine, or intertwine, the two ideas (along with other information I have learned) of the “Ring of Power” and Ian Lungold’s Mayan Calendar Consciousness Acceleration information and ideas. Ultimately I think our world, and we, are going to be better in the end, which is placing more emphasis on Ian Lungold’s consclusions. It’s hard to disagree with billions of years of cyclical happenings.

:)