Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

EZ Kid Recipes for SITTER or SAD PARENT

AziahAziah Raw Newbie

I have two little ones and I was thinking of compiling a list of EZ recipes for a baby sitter or SAD parent to go off of. I thought it would be a good idea to have for those with SAD spouses who never know what to make the kids, or for the sitter who has to whip something up or even for an emergency if us “cooks” ever get sick.

Anyway..I thought there are probably some people on here that would want to take part in this too so I started this thread.

Here are my suggestions (I will add more as I think of them):

Apple Sandwich – core apples and slice 1/4-1/2 inch thick to make “bread”. spread on almond butter, honey, and/or sliced bananas. Top with another piece of “apple bread”

Nut Butter/Banana MilkShake – in blender combine: 8oz nut milk; 1/2 cup ice; 2tbsp nut butter; 1 banana; 1/4 cup agave syrup. Blend until smooth.

MYO Breakfast Cereal – Lay out an assortment of cut fresh fruit, dried fruit, and nuts in seperate bowls. Allow kids to make their own cereal. Top with nut milk.

Chocolate Pudding – in a blender combine: 2 avocados, 1/4 cup cacao powder, 1/3 cup agave syrup; 1/2 tsp vanilla extract. Blend until smooth (taste to see if more chocoate or agave is needed)

Comments

• I will help out with this once I get home, I am going through this same thing and currently driving 45 miles round trip every two days to take my daughter food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Just to scared to have my sister do any prep for my daughter.

• Sorry, but what exactly is a “SAD” parent? I know it’s not “Seasonal Affective Disorder”, but I’ve never been great with acronyms.

• AziahAziah Raw Newbie

Standard American Diet – SAD.

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

Love this! :)

Apples or bananas dipped in nut butter, agave, chia seeds.

Green smoothies.

Vegetable tray (cherry tomatoes, celery sticks, carrots, etc) with raw hummus as a dip.

Fresh salsa with flax crackers.

Jicama fries.

Shredded salad with raw dressing.

Zucchini noodles with raw dressing, pesto, or marinara sauce, topped with chopped nuts or seeds.

Trail mix with raw nuts, seeds, goji berries, coconut, etc.

Ravioli (made from thin turnips and seed cheese center) with fresh marinara sauce.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

Kids? I think even I need these! I get some busy sometimes I can’t spend all day or night in the kitchen. thanks!