Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

raw breads????

im getting sick of my breads and i want to find a good recipe that doesnt taste so nutty. i think im just getting burnt out on all of them consisting of mainly flax or zucchini or onions. does anyone have a good bread or cracker recipe thats different?

Comments

• Use chia seeds in replace of flax ,....and to tell you the truth I use the mexican flax cracker http://goneraw.com/recipes/1113-Spicy-Mexican-F…recipe on here to make my bread… I don’t like my bread to be really thick but chewy so that I can make my avocado sandwiches. I find the thick breads just taste way to flaxy and sour for me.

Peace

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

You can sprout buckwheat, blend it up in the food processor with your choice of seasonings, spread it out thin on teflex or parchment paper, & dehydrate it. Just be aware that for some reason, things made with sprouted buckwheat seem to end up with a lot less flavor once they’re dehydrated, so make the batter kinda strong on the seasonings. With buckwheat it ends up in between a cracker & a bread texture-wise.

• hey angie i have made bread with sprouted buckwheat but my cuisinart doesnt chop it up very good. its still got lots of hard grain pieces in it. am i just too impatient? should i process it longer?

adresmond2youre a genius

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i have subtituted chia for flax. i add a bit more water if need be or some tahini. works fine.

can someone post a good buckwheat bread recipe? thanks!

• debbietookdebbietook Raw Master

Hi everyone

You will find the recipe for REAL Essene bread, here (not a single nut!):

http://debbietookrawforlife.blogspot.com/2008/0…

Love, Debbie Took

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

I like to use buckwheaties and grind into flour and make flatbread. I’ve got quite a few staple bread recipes that I really like.

• debbietookdebbietook Raw Master

Hi Strawberry

Should have said earlier…I’ve tried Russell’s Nut-free bread, and it’s very good.

• has anybody made bread out of coconut flesh? ive got a glop of it in my freezer. hhhhm maybe i should experement?