Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Feeding lots of little people

....all the time! I have a large family and I’d like to hear some others experiences with this. What are recipes that ‘stretch’ and feed several hungry people that you enjoy preparing? We do a lot of mono-meals – fruits, salads, lay out stuff for foraging, grazing and the kids like to make up creative combos. My kids like to be involved with the process too. I know that soup stretches to feed a lot, but everyone is hungry 30 minutes later. Thankfully, my one year old is still on her mono-diet of breastmilk – so she’s easy. Anyway, I’d like to hear your ideas and thoughts and favorite recipes.

Comments

• anyone????

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

raw tacos! There are several recipes, & you can just make a big batch of whatever filling (I like sunflower seeds, soaked & then mixed in the food processor with onion, tomato, cumin, cayenne & salt). I put it into romaine leaves with fresh salsa & guacamole when I take the time, or chunks of tomato & avocado when I don’t.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

alfredo pasta – Whatever alfredo sauce you like (I like to add sun-dried tomatoes to mine) served over kelp noodles.

Zucchini pasta with marinara (tons of recipes here) – I like to add blobs of nut or seed cheese sometimes to make it more filling without having to cut up a million more zucchinis. :)

pizzas! You can make the crust & sauce in big batches & they stay good for a few days in the fridge if you have leftovers.

• SystemSystem Raw Newbie

Wow! what a nice family!

i have no family, so nobody to make a dinner! ;) But i just want to tell you that you a brave woman and it’s a part a my dream to have a big happy family . Karine

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

lately my husband and I have been making buckwheat crispies. (soak raw buckwheat for 6-8 hours then dehydrate it). you can use it as a cereal base with nut mylk or part of a granola. it’s cheap and pretty easy.

i just made smoothies today with my class of 20 students. i was so impressed at their ability to combine flavors and operate the blender. i would totally get the kids on this.

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

Well I have not to feed raw eaters, so no personal experience, it’s really nice to see a whole family eating raw!

There is a post at raw-pleasure.com.au called: Feeding a Family of 7 on Raw Look if it helps you: http://www.raw-pleasure.com.au/component/option…