questions about food prep. and ect.

I have lots of questions! I am on my third day of as close to 100% raw as I can get. I feel like I have jumped in with both feet before I was ready, but if I wait until I am ready I may never jump in!!! So… I am just going to learn as I go along! We have been eating pretty simply, but now that I am 100% as well as my children, and my hubby is getting interested, I need to find some answers about food prep. and ect.!!! :) (I am sorry if the questions sound dumb, but I am seriously just so ignorant as I do not know anyone else who is raw except you all, here at gone raw!)

When a recipe calls for soaked or sprouted sunflower seeds, do you take off the shell before using them?

I have heard that avacado seed is good for you. I am afraid to try to blend it in my vitamix. Maybe It would be ok? So I am wanting ideas on how to use it, or process it.

Can a person live on apples and kale, and walnuts for an extended amount of time?

When almonds are soaked, do you need to take the skins off, or did the soaking take all of the growth inhibitor out?

Comments

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

We all have/had “stupid” questions when we started – how would you know until you know, you know? :D

Buy the sunflower seeds that are already out of the shell.

I don’t know about the avo seed being good for you or not, but the vitamix should have no problem blending it up if you have other stuff in with it – someone else help here?

I’m not an expert on almonds, but it seems that if the almonds are really raw, we should be able to eat them the way they come from the tree – as nature made them, without soaking unless you want a different texture, or to make nutmilk, etc. It doesn’t seem logical that it is a food but would require so much tediousness to be edible. But, like I said, I’m not an expert – just what makes sense to me now.

• Thanks. Can you sprout a sunflower seed that is out of the shell?

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Yes, out of the shell, that would be sunflower sprouts. Sprouting from the shell would give you sunflower greens and would require soil.

We sprouted sunflower seeds in a shell, but without soil.