Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

I ate the whole thing!

MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I was eating apples earlier and got to the core, stared at it wistfully, thought, “it’s still so sweet and those seeds at the center look tasty…why waste this bounty?” and so I proceeded to eat the whole thing.

I also eat the skins off of kiwis.

Anything else good to eat in its entirety?

Comments

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

apple seeds also have B17, which is known to fight cancer: http://www.vitamins-supplements.org/amygdalin-s…

• RawKRawK Raw Newbie

strawberries…they cost a dear sum, so i wouldnt think of cutting off the tops. all of it gets popped into my mouth or into the blender. chlorophyll!

• I have a friend that eats the entire apple. Core and all. His girlfriend thinks he’s crazy, but I keeping telling her he is just being resourceful. He doesn’t have all those left over apple cores to compost. Not to mention all the extra fiber in his diet…............. Go ahead MOTH, eat the whole darn thing!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

it is just an old wives tale that the seeds of apples are poisonous?

I also eat the skin of kiwis.

My grandfather used to eat the skin of oranges and lemons. He was in the navy and they did it to prevent scurvy.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Yes apple seeds have cyanide in them but only a teeny tiny amount, they’re not dangerous. I have eaten apple cores all my life it never hurt me!

I also eat melon skin, kiwi skin, pineapple core, whole strawberries, pear cores, orange pips, lemon pips, ginger skin, I love it!

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

mmm, love the resourcefulness! like animals in the wild, they would most likely eat the whole thing. Might try it sometime.

• rachel_akikorachel_akiko Raw Newbie

I’ve eaten apple seeds before, but they gave me a slight stomacheache. I love eating whole strawberries, though. :D