The Thrive Diet by Brendan Brazier--who's read it?

nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

My DH and I are reading it now, and I’d love to discuss with others who are reading it too!

Comments

• have not, but curious to know what stance it takes. Can you do a quick summary? Much different from say 811?

• I just read it, and I think that it’s perfectly suited for its target audience. I found the recipes pretty heavy and too high-fat for my taste, but for a more athletic person, or even a male looking to put on a little bulk, they would be great. His chapters were very well researched, and I was impressed to see he had sources listed. I also have quite the crush on Brendan Brazier ;)

• This is the book that lead me to raw! Fantastic resource for info on various ingredients. Not all the recipes are raw but they have raw options. I forgot to bring the book home with me over the summer and it’s funny how I want to read it now for nostalgia’s sake!

I also have quite the crush on Brendan.

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

I love this book and use it as a guide constantly. I have run a few marathons and found that when I started aspiring raw I was having a lot of trouble with my jogging so I got The Thrive Diet. I have been incorperating some of his ideas into my diet and it fits me better than all raw. He is a proponent of adding some psuedograins to your diet like Quinoa, brown rice, buckwheat, amarath and a few others. He recommends sprouting or cooking. I find adding these things helpful for long runs. He also has great recipes for runners tools like gels/sports drinks that are raw. I don’t find his recipes particularly high fat although some take a bit of planning because you’ll need a sprouted grain, a cooked grain, etc. I think his diet is very sensibe for an athlete if you are struggling with 100 raw. The diet is still very healthy