AHH HELP FAST!

hey everybody.. so I’ve been doing this raw thing for a few weeks now no problem at all sticking with it as i was already vegan before,, but i’m about to go to this family bbq and i’m nervous about what i’m going to be able to eat!! my mom bought like tons of corn on the cob.. but i’m not sure if i wanna eat that or not, since of course it’s gonna be cooked…

what should i do????

Comments

• Chelsey – bring your own food. Pack up a few things (some fresh fruit and vegetables – a trail mix of nuts, goji berries, seeds and other dried fruits) – maybe grab a nice big watermelon on the way to share. Does your family know you are raw?

Also, I would take a nice smoothie with you – with some to share. I find people are fascinated by them and generally want to try it.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

if all you eat is some cooked corn on the cob you will be fine. bring a nice big salad and some watermelon. you’ll do great!

• ambiguousambiguous Raw Newbie

You can always eat the corn on the cob before it’s cooked—yum!

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Yes, fresh raw corn is delicious. Bring as much of your own food as possible. The watermelon idea is good.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i never could digest cooked corn. is raw corn easier to digest?

• oh my goodness that was my first post on here, and i had no idea i was going to get so much good advice!! thank you! well.. i went and my wonderful family (they now only know that i’m vegan, but not raw,) had prepared a big salad and fruit!!! so… know worries at all!!

and thank you all again! i’ll probably be posting other questions on here soon, since i’m new to this whole thing! ;)