Family SAD Food Habits

Hey, I just moved back in with my family for the summer and possibly longer (my study abroad this fall in Thailand fell through), and they are very SAD. I’ve already begun the transition back to the dark side and it doesn’t help that the food is also lookin good to me. Isn’t it strange that as soon as you have a little cooked/ SAD food, ALL the SAD food looks good and you start to crave it?

I am hoping that some of you who live with conservative SADers can share some ways that you find are useful to stay strong with raw. I want to be raw, but I know that I will end up freaking my parents out because I became an unhealthy vegan before. My dad mentioned something about fad diets today, so I think my family has the impression that I diet jump a lot, rather than I try to improve lifestyle with vegetarianism, veganism, and now raw foodism.

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

I live with a vegan but I am tempted by all his treats (corn chips, roasted sweet potatoes, pasta..drool!). I make yummy stuff for myself and have all the equipment I need to do it. I get myself lots of fruit that I can grab if I am starved (nothing beats a banana on an empty stomach). Just tell your family that you are trying this to improve your health (you might want to give a specific like energy, digestion, etc). tell them you have done research and you want to see how you feel. tell them you need support and offer them some of your raw food goodies too!

btw, sorry your trip fell through. my summer plan fell through and it kinda sucks. but we move on. sometimes things happen for a reason.