Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Looking for cheap healthy cracker recipes.

I notice that nuts are very very expensive, and seeds are very very cheap. Looking for very cheap cracker recipes that I can make often to save money. As cheap and healthy and tasty as you can come up with would be very helpful to me. Thanks.

Comments

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

What about a corn with flax type cracker? Both are cheap… like from this recipe You can make it into a cracker…except I do notice that it really sticks to teeth!

I’ve seen a variation of this recipe with a red/yellow/orange bell pepper, but that costs more.

P.S. Add sunflower to the enchilada tortilla-cracker recipe.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

You can also make vegetable crackers without any nuts or seeds. Blend some zuchinni, nutritional yeast, sea salt, sundried tomatoes and some water to a smooth batter and dehydrate in thin crackers. Zuchinni, actually a fruit, makes great crackers. You can also add some flax, hemp, sunflower, or chia seeds to the mix, though chia is quite expensive. The recipe I listed makes a delicious cheesy cracker. Yumyumyum.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

flax is so cheap and it always seems to taste great no matter what you put with it. Even just flax, water and salt is gorgeous. Flax seeds are really cheap here about

• One of the easiest and cheapest recipes for flax crackers is using the pulp from juicing or any left overs and mixing them with soaked flaxseed. You can create your own recipe by seasoning your mixture with anything you want. Don’t be afraid to experiment you really can not mess up flax crackers!! Knock your self out. This way you will never run out of ingredients to use.

• RawChefKid, I love your cracker idea. Can you describe the amounts of the ingredients you use? I’ve been off of nuts for a while and am a little tired of flax, so I’d really like to try these. Thanks.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

use buckwheat. it’s very cheap.