Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Almost clean, and so happy

nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

Hi all-well, I am ALMOST off my anti-depressant meds that I’ve been on for over 15 years. I have been weaning myself off slowly, and am down to half a dose every 4 days—I think I still have a “security blanket” feeling about it, but I am almost there.

And I have raw foods, and this forum, to thank. I visited here for the first time about 3 months ago, and have learned so much. I’ve experimented a lot with my body and diet and have always felt support and positive energy from everyone here, so thank you. I am now about 90% raw (a little cacao in the morning some time) and my energy is easily double what it was just a few months ago. I have started running again, my weight is down to what it was before I had my 2 boys (116 pounds) and people are coming up to me asking me “wow! you look great—what are you doing??” (and of course, I have to share).

I just wanted to share how happy I am that I am (almost) off anti-depressants because of raw, how my mood has stabilized because of raw, how my energy is so high because of raw…I smile when I wake up, thinking “yay! another day!!” If you’d known me a few years ago you would think this impossible.

Thank you everyone, for all your support.

Ps. Oh, and I wanted to mention, this week I had been doing an “experiment” eating as many avos and nuts as I wanted, deviated from trying to keep my fat under 15%. I wanted to see how I’d feel, and if I gained weight. Well, i ended up not really wanting that many avos or nuts! I did eat about 1/2 an avo a day, a bit of hemp oil on my salads, some nuts each day, but nothing excessive. It’s Saturday and I actually lost a pound this week, so there you are! And I feel great. It’s funny, once I “let” myself eat overt fats, I found I didn’t really want or need that much, and I think the amount I eat will only decrease from here. Funny how the mind works, eh?

Comments

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Wow! That’s amazing :) I’m glad for you.

• power to ya , grrl

all the love

elliot :o)

• nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

thanks angie and elliot :)

• BeTheChangeBeTheChange Raw Newbie

that. is. so. incredible!!!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

great! i am so happy for you. i have been detoxing from my meds this month and it has been HARD. so i am glad it is going ok for you. weaning off is for sure the way to go.

• That’s awesome! I’m so happy for you!

• nycgrrl, congratulations!! That is wonderful news, and worthy of major kudos! And getting down to the weight you were before kids – wow! I’m sure not there, yet, ha ha.

It sounds like you have been making some great, positive changes in your life.

• I’m so excited by your story! Thank you so much for sharing it with us. I have always been extremely upset and scared by anti-depressant medications (my family, doctors, and friends wanted me on them for a while before I came to find the raw lifestyle and my boyfriend went on them and it terrified me that it was not HIM thinking, but the pills and I thought he had no feelings towards me and nothing he did would matter).

You have no clue how much this story inspires me and how proud I am of you! I was very upset before reading this post and you have totally made my day! :) Keep up the journey towards your dream life or spend your days enjoying it!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

Wonderful!!! Congratulatins to you!

• chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

Awesome NYC Grrrl! You officially RAWK!

I’ve done the giving up meds thing and I know what it’s like. I was very afraid and yet strangely still confident and when I beat them. BOOM, What a feeling of Freedom and self confidence it gives you.

I love you Fat experiment too and even more the results. What a great lesson to learn, allowing your body to decide your needs and not fearing your desires. You are feeling true freedom! You are a Flawless Creation of Spirit with infinite Value and Divine Purpose.

Lovebows, Chris

Lovin’ My Sunshine: This isn’t the first time you have expressed having a hard time lately. I hope you continue to come here and share. You are supported!