DETOX SYMPTOMS???

carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

Hi there. I just got back from a 3 day camping trip with my family… before that, i was juicing for about 5 days straight (i started just by wanting to juice for 2 days but i felt so great, i just kept going :) I don’t know if i just rushed into things, but since Thursday afternoon, my stomach has been in a knot, i’m bloated and feeling aweful! My stomach looks as if i’m 5 months pregnant and feels bloated and hard. During my juicing, i also broke out – i haven’t had a breakout in months! I also developed a yeast infection (a really bad one) on Friday. About 3 weeks ago i stopped taking my birth control pills – after about 8 years of being on them continuously (i haven’t had my period in 8 years – i’ve been on the pill to control Endometriosis). Could this all be from the juice detoxing or do you think it’s a side effect of going off the pill? Other than going from juicing to eating again, i hadn’t changed my diet (it’s still 100% raw – or as close to 100% as one can get buy still using a little Bragg’s). My stomach is still hard and irritated and i still feel and look about 5 months pregnant – after 3 days of eating solids. Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks!!! Oh, I’m going on vacation on June 5th and i want to begin juicing again tomorrow or Monday but i’m afraid this will happen again when i go away again… any thoughts??

Comments

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

From what I have read, juicing will speed up detox. If this is not a good time for you, you can slow that down by eating just raw.

I have just transitioned off birth control pills and also have had friends tell me their stories. Yes you can be having side effects from being off the pill. The juicing might be making your toxins clear out faster from the pill detox.

why not add more juices but keep some solid raw food in your diet? then you are getting the best of both worlds?

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

Thanks, bitt. I think I’m going to juice for a few days to try to get more of the toxins out and then go back to eating fruits for breakfast and then juicing greens for lunch and dinner – i felt good doing this as well. Thanks for your thoughts on this! I was concerned to go off of the pill (since i don’t use it for birth control, but for pain control and prevention of the endometriosis), but i don’t really feel different going off the pill. Time will tell on that one :) Thanks again! I really appreciate it!

• Hi Carrie. I stopped taking the pill about a year ago and it took almost that long for me to feel healthy again. The pill is horrible. You have no idea how horrible it is for you until you stop taking it and you feel so much better. It takes a really long time for your body to get rid of it out of your system. It took me almost a year and I eat really well. I even started getting withdrawals a few months after stopping it and they lingered on for a long time. Anyway… good luck with stopping the pill. Here is a forum dedicated to effects of stopping the pill. You want to check it out.http://www.aphroditewomenshealth.com/forums/ubb…

• Hi Carrie. I stopped taking the pill about a year ago and it took almost that long for me to feel healthy again. The pill is horrible. You have no idea how horrible it is for you until you stop taking it and you feel so much better. It takes a really long time for your body to get rid of it out of your system. It took me almost a year and I eat really well. I even started getting withdrawals a few months after stopping it and they lingered on for a long time. Anyway… good luck with stopping the pill.