RAW ICE KREEM

JoyceHJoyceH Raw Newbie

I’ve been entertaining the idea of buying a commercial ice cream maker like a Cuisinart or something similar:

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-ICE-30BC-Indulg…=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1214416371&sr=8-2

I would like to try a few raw ice cream/gelato recipes on this site as well as Ani Phyo’s. Could anyone recommend a brand and model that they like and would recommend?

Also if you have any recipes you just love and turn out well in an ice cream maker, I’d love to hear about them! What recipes from this site are really good?

Comments

• JoyceHJoyceH Raw Newbie

bummer, I was hoping to get at least a couple responses…

Anyone???

I remember a few members mentioned using Ice Cream makers. Omshanti? Jenny?

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

Hi Joyce! just saw this, i use my cuisinart ice cream maker all the time, its great. my two favorite recipes for ice cream are chocolate hazelnut and macadamia strawberry. I use the nuts to make the milk then i strain it twice and chill it . then i mix in the flavors i want( chocolate, pureed strawberry) and the sweetness(agave) and usually vanilla and salt as well. its ubber rich but very yummy. if you dont stain it well its kind of gritty but i got one batch really smooth and it was like a frozen custard….im gonna try using date paste for a carmel flavor ive been thinking about.

• JoyceHJoyceH Raw Newbie

Thanks omshanti! I can get a cuisinart in the little kitchen specialty store across the street! (Kiss the Cook for any Vermonters also interested in an ice cream maker). Wow chocolate hazelnut sounds lovely!

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

At least 4 years ago, i was given the Williams Sonoma one as a gift for the family (nice gift). It works very well with the raw ice creams. Clean-up is easy. I’ve never used any other, though so can’t compare.

omshanti—hope your share that caramel oneTODAY!!!!

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

izhpt, here is my carmel/ butter pecan recipe! let me know what you think!! i think some cocao and rum added to this would be heavenly!

http://goneraw.com/recipes/4599

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

omshanti – it looks like a yummy recipe. I may have to break down and get an ice cream maker ;-)