Is coughing a detox symptom?

Hi. Just wanted to see if anybody had couphing as detox symptoms? I’ve been a vegetarian for 17 years and just started to eat raw 4 weeks ago. First week was awful due to caffeine withdrawal.At second week the headaches were gone but I started coughing (dry) and since then it just wouldn’t stop. Can’t sleep at all. is this detox? or just cought a cold? I don’t have any other symptoms, like runny nose etc.

Comments

• If you have mucus I think is definitely a detox symptom, if it is a “dry” couph then I would not know…I personally never experienced couph as a detox symptom but I know from experience that detox can give very “strange” signs. Some of the symptoms I had include: Skin rash/eruptions, eye infection/irritation, arthritis, exzema, itching. Best of luck!

• hey! well, i went raw i’d say.. about 31/2ish weeks ago? well, i’ve had coughing and my nose has been needing some major blowing. and it all started after i went raw, so i’m hoping it’s detox symptoms! i don’t really have allergies, never have, so i’m pretty sure that’s what it is.. hopefully it doesn’t last too long though!!

• chelsey09: Yeah, definitely a detox sign, your body is eliminating the toxins, these signs (symptoms) are a good thing eventhough their manifestation is painfull, they will last as long as required, until your body is finally toxin free, and that depends obviously on the subject.