Knives? Danger, don't do it!

I have been observing something lately that is just bugging me so I though that I would get it off my chest. While watching Youtube videos I see everyday people using the dullest knives I have every seen. For example, when you place your knife on whatever you are cutting and if that knife does not grab it and just sail through with little pressure, that knife is way too dull. This is a dangerous thing to do. If I did that I know I could seriously cause a bad cut and I have seen many people have this happen. They push down hard and the knife slips and cuts them. No wonder people don

Comments

• greenghostgreenghost Raw Newbie

Thanks rosehebrew – that was a very informative post. (Good touch of humor too!)...But seriously – I know that I need to get a really good kitchen knife (I’m very guilty of pressing hard as hell with the knives I currently own).
    I appreciate the advice. :)

• Just thought that I would add the instructions for using those cheap $5 dollar jobs. Just set the knife on the counter, blade up with the tip pointed off of the edge. Place the sharpener on the blade towards the handle of the knife and just put pressure on and pull down along the blade to the tip and off. It could take 5 to 8 times but is an easy thing to do. There are a few different designs of these but they all have a little V-shaped metal insert that runs on the blade when you pull it along it and they have a guard to protect your hand. I am sure a pro knife sharpener could do a better job but sense I don