Dinner for 15

I’m preparing dinner for 15 (non-raw) people in a few week and I’m completely lost on what to make. I was vaguely thinking salad, entree (pasta?), and dessert. The thing is this is happening in a small town with not too many options as far as ingredients go, so i would need to stock up before leaving on the 10th. I was hoping to get some suggestions as this is my first big raw dinner. Thanks!!

Comments

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

well i made raw chili for dinner guests last evening. it was well received. other ideas are nori rolls. i think it’s probably best to not have too much “mock” food and just go with the best tasting stuff. and practice ahead of time.

• If it were me and being its a summer meal, I’d probably start with a watermelon gazpacho (raw food real world’s is good); then do a lettuce wraps bar – have assorted large leaves of chilled romaine, iceberg, bibb lettuce on a platter and different tapas bowls filled with marinated mushrooms, “riced” jicama, avocados, sprouts, salsas, etc – so people could create their own wraps with what they like; then i’d end with some homemade raw ice cream with assorted fresh berries and nuts for people to build their own sundaes – or make it even more simple and just have a large fresh mixed berry salad and a side drizzle of nut kream. Offer large pitchers of ice water with squeezes of lemon. my mouth is watering. This is stuff most everyone likes AND by getting them involved they are part of the creative energy of raw foods.

• Mamamilk – GREAT suggestions!! I am throwing a birthday party this weekend and will be using all of your ideas! Thanks!!

Also, if the dinner is casual a build your own pizza party is fun too. The crust in Raw Food Real World is pretty good and easy to make. Lastly, for marinated mushrooms that are really good – marinate them overnight in equal parts of Tamari and Olive Oil, then dehydrate. IMHO, they make everything taste good!

• chriscarlton’s recipe for 100% raw marinated mushrooms looks really good too – and so if your desire is to keep it pure, you’re there. (so long as your nut kream or ice cream is with truly raw ingredients)

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Perhaps make a Mexican fiesta? I love to go with themes for big groups.

• The watermelon gazpacho sounds like a great summer soup and i love the idea of a mexican meal or maybe just some chilli. Thanks for the quick responses!!