Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Website Updates this Week

kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Gone Raw has experienced some exciting growth in the last few months and, as a result, life is getting rather slow here. This just won’t do at all! We will be moving the site to a new hosting account this week, which should help quite a bit.

We’ll keep you in touch as we go, but are likely planning the switch for Wednesday. We’ll do our best to alleviate interruptions to the site, but if you have an important event that you want to be sure to have a recipe for Wednesday to Friday, please consider printing it out in advance.

Thanks for your patience!

Comments

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

Yay! I hope the switch helps.

• Just to follow-up: we are in fact moving the site to our new host tomorrow – Wednesday, July 9th. Expect it to vanish around Noon (PST) and hopefully reappear by dinnertime. No promises – something always comes up!! But we’re hopeful that things will be faster and smoother once we’ve finished the move.

We’ll keep a close eye on the site afterwards, but don’t hesitate to let us know if you see something amiss. Thanks!

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

If you are seeing this message, you are visiting Gone Raw at our new hosting company. Horay! We still have some glitches to work out (like uploading all of the images) and such, but all of the recipes and forums moved over beautifully. If you notice any oddities with the site, do post a note here – we’ll be checking in often!

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

Yay!!!

• KhaasLadkiKhaasLadki Raw Newbie

Yay!! I notice one thing, but it could be because you said “Don’t post in the forum” and somebody did – a reply to one of my questions isn’t there anymore! Eek!

• Well, we’re making progress.

Obviously, there’s still some kinks being worked out at the moment. :)

Recipes don’t seem to work, and the pictures aren’t there yet.

These should all hopefully be fixed within the hour. I’ll keep you posted!

• Almost there!

Please let us know if you discover other issues. There surely are some.

Mostly I’m concerned that the new host is at least as fast – ideally, faster – than the old one. Can’t tell yet if that’s the case, I guess we won’t know until the “rush hour” tonight!

Also, there’s a problem with leaving comments on the “blog” (they don’t show up) that I’m still working on.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

I couldn’t post a picture but I will try again.

• Hm. I did notice that it was down for a little bit – maybe we’re not out of the clear yet. Bitt, were you able to post the picture? What was happening when you tried to?

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

Nope i couldn’t post the picture, tried several times. It just said “done” and it was as if I had not even tried.

• Yeah, it’s the strangest thing. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.

Computers aren’t supposed to act that way. :)

I think we still have our work cut out for us on this site…

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

Ray &/or Kandace~ I have tried in the past to post a photo after my recipe was posted and it would not upload… Is that normal, or do you have to post the photo at the time of publishing the recipe??? Also, is there a way to make a place to “delete” unpublished recipes??? Thanks for all you do with our raw community, I greatly appreciate all your efforts!!!

• Hi there. Ray here. :)

You should be able to add or change the picture for your recipe at any time. I’m picking up a theme here. I shall look into these problems at my earliest available convenience.

There should most certainly be a way to delete unpublished recipes. It’s on our list.

Thanks for thanking us. We’ll continue to do what we do if you do too.

Adieu.

LOL!!! You are too clever… Adieu to you too!!!

I almost forgot, I like the new photo… I feel like you are inside my computer screen looking back at me… LOL

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Oh wow thank you SO MUCH K and R….........I love how the sneak peak of the latest forum topics is at the top of the screen instead of the bottom. So awesome!

I am getting my MacBook fixed! Yay no more Windows!!! Is it true that Gone Raw works better on a Mac than Windows? I use Safari I don’t know if the browser matters.

Thanks a bunch guys! I’ll be posting recipes sometime this or next week :)

• KhaasLadkiKhaasLadki Raw Newbie

EVERYTHING works better on a mac than on a Windows! :D

Site looks great, guys! It does seem to be working a bit faster! Yay! I haven’t had any issues today, so far.

Thanks and good work!

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Ooooo shiny new site! it’s working GREAT so far. wow. Sp qiocl!!

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

LOVE the changes!!!!! Instant, fast—just like we like it! You guys are the BEST!

I too love the changes, job well done… However, there seems to be a problem with uploading a photo with the recipes… I tried 3 different times today for my sour dough biscuits… Any ideas???