Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What soap to buy?

WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Which soap is safe to use? Can I buy bar soap in bulk online for cheap?

Clearly Natural

Glycerine (palm), palm stearic acid, palm oleic acid, sodium laural sulfate(manufactured in California with corn alcohols no preservatives orfamaldahides), sodium hydroxide, purified water. (If specified- naturalfragrances, essences, natural colors (betacaritine and cloriphyls), vitamin E,aloe vera and jojoba oil.

TOMS OF MAINE

Ingredient Purpose Source Sodium palmate Cleansing Palm oils and soda ash Sodium cocoate Cleansing Coconut oils and soda ash Water Consistency Purified water Glycerin Moisturizing Vegetable oil Sorbitol Moisturizing and soap clarity Corn syrup Sodium dilinoleate Consistency Pine and other tree oils Stearic acid Cleansing and consistency Vegetable oil Sodium gluconate Guard freshness Cornstarch Potassium cocoate Cleansing Coconut oil and potash Potassium stearate Cleansing Stearic acid and potash Chamomile oil Odor balancing Roman chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile) flowers

Dr. Bronner’s bar soap INGREDIENTS: Saponfied Organic Coconut Oil, Saponified Organic Palm Oil, Saponified Organic Olive Oil, Organic Glycerin, Water, Organic Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Tocopherol (Vit. E), (Certified Fair Trade by IMO)

Comments

• Plain water is the best cleaner – after all, its the universal solvent. If soap is necessary, dr. bonner’s is good or plain olive oil soap. occasional soap on the important parts (pits and bum) will keep things clean. I don’t know of online resources… I know that dr. bonner’s stretches and lasts awhile for all needs since it’s to be diluted.

• Plain water is the best cleaner – after all, its the universal solvent. If soap is necessary, dr. bonner’s is good or plain olive oil soap. occasional soap on the important parts (pits and bum) will keep things clean. I don’t know of online resources… I know that dr. bonner’s stretches and lasts awhile for all needs since it’s to be diluted.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

We’ve used all three. I tend to be sensitive and so I go with the Clearly natural.

• Dr. Bronner’s is the most fun to read!

• KristensRawKristensRaw Raw Newbie

I love www.Terressentials.com even more than Dr. Bronners. The information on their website is amazing, check out the link about sunscreen (and everything else… FULL of terrific info).

Cheers, Kristen Suzanne

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Thank’s ya’ll! Great feedback. I need more than plain water, but it’s a good suggestion mamamilk.

Bitt – it’s good to know that clearly natural is okay to use. It’s the cheapest soap, so I was worried that it was made from dangerous ingredients.

My main problem with the ingredients is that they use palm oil!! Palm oil is the main reason for the destruction of the orangutan’s habitats.

Last night I bought tons of Sappo Hill soaps, only to discover today that they use unsustainable palm oil.

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

If you are wanting to pick from those three soap, pick the dr. bronners. Clearly Natural and Toms of Maine have many bad chemicals in them. Dr.Bronners is the most natural.

Don’t be fooled by the word “natural” on labels – read the ingredients and look them up on the net. Sodium laural anything is not good. Don’t buy those products.

I only use soap on my arm pits for sweat and any smell (or to shave) and I use Dr. Bronners or any other natural homemade soap. The less ingredients the better too.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Sappo Hill has the fewest ingredients: Sappo Hill All Vegetable Oil Soap $1.50/3.5 oz. bar Ingredients saponified oils of palm and coconut: fat obtained from the fruit or seed of the palm tree or kernels of coconut; which lathers readily and cleanses skin

glycerin: humectant, mild emulsifier, and emollient used to hold moisture

with or without fragrance and/or color some soaps contain Organic cornmeal & polenta or Organic Oats

• Oliva olive oil soap at most UK health shops. Ingredients sapponfied olive oil, water, mineral salts

Cheers 

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

I use Dr. Bronners for me. I like to use GSE (grapefruit Seed Extract) mixed with water to swish around my SIGG bottle. It’s a wonderful disinfectant-also in an organic solution keeps the bugs/fungus off my vegetables-off topic, I know.