Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

RawKidChef

Bananna1333Bananna1333 Raw Newbie

Your profile says you’re just a kid. How is this possible??? You seem way too articulate, knowledgable, you’re grammar is perfect. You consume superfoods…yet are your parents eating SAD diets I am gathering…

When you say ‘kid’ what age are you talking about? Sorry, have to ask, lol.

Comments

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Raw Kid Chef’s mum sounds like a particularity enlightened woman, from what I gather from my frequent chats with RKC about cats ;)

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Bananna, my mom does eat raw food. I am 12 and homeschooled.. I actually don’t have a dad, I think it’s called artificial ensemenation. I don’t know how to spell that. Thanks…....I think the raw food makes me think clearer and also the homeschooling trumps me up with alot of complex words.

I eat lucuma, mesquite, maca, and other superfoods. We both do, they just are nice.

Hey Zoe, it’s been a while! Thanks, yes she is enlightened I suppose. She discovered raw food for both of us :) How’s Tonka? Blueberry got her cast off earlier this week.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

I teach 4th grade and I am in no way shocked that you are 12. Kids amaze me everyday. Cool that you homeschool, do you get credit for uncooking as a class? ;-)

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Hi there! Oh that’s great about her cast coming off. I am sure she’ll go nuts running around! Tonka is doing great. I started giving him hemp oil an he actually eats it, he is normally pretty suspicious about new additions to his meals.

Have you and your mum tried Suma? I am using it, it is amazing, the only superfood that has really resonated with me. You only need a tiny bit like 1/4 teaspoon, it is an adaptogen like maca so it heals whatever needs it at the time. It’s pretty cheap in comparison to other superfoods.

I have met a lot of home schooled and raw kids over the last few years, they are all like you, super intelligent, mature and just kind of special ;)

Give Blueberry a tickle under her chin from me xx

• Bananna1333Bananna1333 Raw Newbie

Hey thanks for the reply! 12 is reasonable I guess, but still, a smart 12!

Oh how I miss homeschooling! I homeschooled my kids for 5 years. Then they took a notion to try out a public school, so right now they are actually unschooling a school experience….if that makes sense to you, it does to me atleast.

I’ve always said that they can homeschool again whenever they want to, but honestly, I’ve started school myself with plans to work, so I’m not sure how I would fold homeschooling in.

How does your mom, being a sole-support parent, manage to homeschool?

Glad to hear about your cat, I love the name blueberry :)

• nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

Hey RawKidChef-I homeschool my kids—my eldest is 6, and my youngest only 3 (nothing formal yet)....I love it! And I love that I can teach them about proper nutrition!!

• homeschooling is awesome. the simplicity, freedom, and ability to educate… it is so liberating. do you do a lot of writing rawkidchef? i’m interested in what has made you such an eloquent communicator. curricula?

• RawKidChef, you are such an inspiring young man! I see my son, Andrew, growing up to be as wonderful as you are!

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

I’m actually a girl, by the way. Thank you, though, karmygirl. It’s nice to hear that. It would be cool if there were more raw kids.

Yes I do a lot of writing…I use this complex program called Calvert which as a lot of writing involved. Since it has it’s own directions, my mother lets me do most of the work unless I need help, it’s really quite fun in a way!

Thanks banana, I named her Blueberry because of her blue points and her big blue eyes! She’s in the picture.

• this is a really old thread, but I'm going to chime in, anyway. I was reading through a bunch of your posts, RKC, and the idea of you being anything other than female never even occured to me. It's odd enough to see someone who's 12 writing the way you write, but if I'm going to carry through with stereotypes and generalizations, then boys don't tend toward proficiciency in language, writing, and such. And, even more so, they don't tend to hang out online in order to post hundreds of times regarding recipes, raw or otherwise.

That said, your bio does say "I'm a 12 yr. old girl", so that's kind of a dead giveaway. Maybe it's the word "chef" that threw her off? (yes, there are women chefs too, but maybe some folks don't know that).

Anyway, that all means nothing, really....just an observation, and mind ramblings on my part.

Do you have a website, Myspace page, Facebook, or some such? I have a foster daughter right now who just turned nine. SHe is looking for online friends to inspire her. She said she's bored with all the kids she knows who only go online to watch rap videos.