Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

AVOCADOS

thought it would be interesting to find out what opinions are out there about avocados.

Comments

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

Opinions? Are they controversial? I sure hope they are still raw!

No seriously, I used to hate them until well, recently. Now they are delicious but I try not to over-do it.

• I love them!!!!!!!!

YUUUUMMMMMMMMM equal parts of avo and lime and i’m there….

• LOVE THEM!!! One avocado blended with some nut milk and honey or agave is awesome!!!!! It makes a very thick, smooth and delicious smoothie!!!!!

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

When I was young, I used to visit my grandparents’ farm in Napa, CA. They’d have buckets of avocados sitting around and I’d eat one after another with a spoon. My grandma used to tell me to stop – that I’d make myself fat one day like that. I just couldn’t help it! I still love the taste to this day, always reminds me of those long summers.

• KhaasLadkiKhaasLadki Raw Newbie

I LOVE avocados! I have to eat at least 1/2 to 1 avocado a day to be happy! :d

Did your grandparents own avocado trees?! How awesome would THAT be?!

• OHHH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!

Yes, Kandace, my husband has the same experience in Ecuador as a child. Avocados the size of a plate – all free from his grandmothers trees…..

• me + avo = LOVE At least a half a day keeps me feeling satisfied without loading up on nuts ;)

• originally being from southern california, how could i not LOVE avocados? i think it’s a trait passed down from my other californian relatives… mmmm guacamole :-P

• avocado is my favorite food… and they are SOOOOOO good for you, eat them up!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I think they’re green. :)

• When ever I eat 1/2 or 1 avocado I get really bloated. Seriously, it is so bad. The bloat lasts almost 24hrs and then all I want to do is fast. Any suggestions? Am I eating too much fat at one time?

• Bananna1333Bananna1333 Raw Newbie

I don’t think I could be happily raw with out them. :)

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

I couldn’t live without them!!

Are they a green?! Didn’t know!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

anngoingraw – Sorry if that was confusing. :P No, not “a green” like kale or lettuce. I was just being silly, since she asked people’s opinions about avocados – my opinion is that they are green! :D

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

An awesome whole food. I wish I would stop seeing avocados treated badly. People tend to talk about them with the same breath as they do olive oil, which is a concentrated oil. It’s not the same thing. I’d rather have an avocado any time over an oil laden salad dressing.

• I use avocados instead of olive oil every time I get the chance. I am sure glad the Lord came up with those!

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Get some soaked flax seeds, blend it up with water and some salt until it is the consistency of double cream. Cut avocado into chips, dip into the flax batter and dehydrate – is exactly like Chip shop chips!!!

P.S. I am English so this is a British delicacy, I know you guys have french fries, but they aren’t the same as our chips ;)

• I have to agree with Bananna-I NEED those green gems in my raw diet:).

• Avacadoes are AMAZING!!!! My absolute favorite thing, I don’t worry too much about the fat intake as I think I have a pretty good balance. I just listen to my body and if I am craving one…I eat it!