Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw Cacao Butter...

I have researched a lot, but wanted to know what you all do with it. I went to Whole Foods yesterday, and they don’t have raw cacao butter, so before I order it online.. I want to know if you all think it is worthwhile to have. :)

Thanks!

Comments

• I am intending on ordering some to make raw white chocolate… one thing I desperately miss

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

I love raw cacao butter chocolate, it actually tastes JUST like a hershey bar when you add the right sweetener and cacao powder aounts. Just be sure to order from alissacohen.com because most other sites’ raw cacao butter is not raw….it is stale and waxy and hard to maneuver. I’ve been ripped off by naturalzing.com and rawguru.com

I made white chocolate once, it was HEAVENLY!!! It tasted like butter. So smooth and decadent. I also made raspberry white chocolate by adding some dried raspberries, it was slightly tart and so yummy.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

wow, now i want to get some too!

• Thanks guys. I actually was going to order from rawguru.com. Thanks for the tip…

WF has coco butter, and it says it is edible, but not raw, so I am positive it has been heated. I am off to alissacohen.com right now!

• RawKidChef -

what white chocolate recipe did you use!? I love white chocolate and miss it horribly

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

I’ve also read that Artisana has great cacao butter, but have no experience.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

I don’t like it, I think it makes things seem plasticy, or waxy. I think coconut butter is a better ingredient, and it is usually raw when good quality, and less processed.

Try it in your chocolate recipes, the bars I have tried that are made of coconut butter and cacao are much nicer than the ones made with cacao butter and cacao.

• shoot- I just bought some from rawguru this morning… good thing I didn’t buy the 4lb chunk!

• Zoe, where do you get your coconut butter? I have a few recipes I would like to try, but can’t find it in any of the stores.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

I made my own white chocolate. Simply melt raw cacao butter in your dehydrator till liquid and then blend with your favorite sweetener. Add a little vanilla, if you wan. Freeze till solid.

Zoe, maybe you don’t like it because you didn’t get the really raw one? Because if you get the really raw one, it is rich and buttery.