Excalibur type $64.99!!

DreaDrea Raw Master

Has anybody seen this dehydrator on ebay that resembles an excaliber, its a 400w 6 tray, white, with blue pull out shelves. A company called best choice is selling them.

In case anyone wants to look, go to ebay put the numers 150270065252 in the search and it will pop up. The unit sells for $64.99 (much cheaper than other units i’ve seen) , but I’m wondering has anyone tried it yet? Please let me know, because I am tempted to buy one, its a great price!

Comments

• Hmmmm. About the same size as the Excalibur 4 tray (+ 1 more tray), costs about the same, 60+ 25 shipping+20-30 for teflex sheets=110 Excalibur $100 free ship free teflex. The one MAJOR drawback of the cheaper one is it only goes up to 115. With most foods you want to start out at 140-145 for the first hour or so to get a jump on pathogens and shorten drying time. I know it sounds like the biggest sin in raw foods, but since the food is so full of moisture in the beginning it literally “sweats” keeping the actual food temp under 115. It saves hours of time, and I feel its really works. Besides, its what Gabriel Cousins recommends, and if he says is the way to go, I totally believe him.

Go with the Excalibur.

• KhaasLadkiKhaasLadki Raw Newbie

I just bought an Excalibur 5 tray for $200, but it came with a free 10 yr warranty, 2 free teflex sheets, a recipe book, and free shipping, so it was a good deal for me. I did some research and found that Excaliburs seem to last the longest and have the best performance than others, so that’s what I went with. Plus, they say Excaliburs last for like a million years, so I figured it was a good deal.

They have some Excaliburs that are cheaper, they just don’t have a timer on them, which I need because I can’t sit around it all day since I’m at work!

Good luck and I hope you end up with a good one – they’re so cool!

(haha last night after I finally got my dehydrator, I was running around the kitchen looking for stuff to dehydrate. “Ooh! Mushrooms! Ooh! Plums! Ooh you know we could make fruit leather?!” I mean I was totally excited; my dad laughed and said “Don’t sit still for too long, she might put you in the dehydrator!” to my sister and mom. XD)

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

I’ve never heard of this unit. Be careful when purchasing a dehydrator… this is a unit you’ll use for many years. I’ve heard that bad food dehydrators cause food to go mouldy because they don’t circulate air well and dry things quickly enough since we’re drying at such low temps. I’d recommend excalibur. I have one, it’s reliable.