good raw picnic food

What would you take on a picnic? I still always think of sandwiches and coleslaw and such. I know I could make raw coleslaw, of course, but I don’t have a dehydrator to make those awesome bread recipes. Do you find lettuce wraps too messy? I’ll probably bring some cut fruit and veggies, just because that’s pretty easy, but I want to take something that’s maybe a bit more impressive. Any ideas?

Comments

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

I just packed for a weekend of camping! I planned it at the last minute, so while I have a dehydrator, I didn’t have time to prepare. I did buy some flax crackers to take along and a couple of Gopal’s wraps for snacks. But, I also made some nut cheese to eat with celery sticks. I love almond butter on apples. I make a beet salad that transports well, it is on this site, you can look at my profile and find it along with my favorite cole slaw recipe. I don’t think wraps are too messy, I would put something that doesn’t drip too much, like a nut cheese and use collard greens which are sturdier. I also posted a cashew dipping sauce recipe on this site recently, it would be great with crudities.

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

p.s. there are lots of sweets recipes for different types of balls, that don’t require dehydration, they would stand it for the usual brownies and cookies that people take on picnics.