Master Cleanse..how often....

Hey everyone! How many times per year is it recommended to do the master cleanse and how many months apart? I heard 3-4x/yr. I love it, but I don’t want to overdo it. Anyone know?

Comments

• It is recommended to do it every 3 or 4 months, which is 3 to 4 times a year! It’s important not to overdo it as fasting too often can take a real toll on the body and become potentially dangerous. I’m sure you could do other, shorter fasts in between MCs (though not too often..) and probably be okay. Maybe a 3 day juice fast or something along those lines.

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

Thanks! It’s been just over 3 months since my last one and I was going to start tomorrow. If anyone else has any more info…I’m open to hear it!!

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

Every season…

• i want to do a master cleanse….i found the recipe for the lemonade online, but if anyone has any tips on starting the cleanse or anything else i should know (about the laxative tea/salt water cleanse especially) I’d appreciate it!

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

rawCourt, I’ll send you a summary of the master cleanse including all recipes if you send me an email (I couldn’t find your email in your profile). 

• I tried to start the MC yesterday but I lasted about four hours! Any tips on how to hang in there better?

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

Motivation! And drink as much of the lemonade as necessary. When I did the MC I never paid attention to the recommended amount; I just drank whenever I felt it necessary. I never got hungry as a result and lasted 10 days no problem. I made lemonade and kept it in jar with me whenever I needed to leave home.

rawleen-you really just have to decide that it is something you want to do and stick with it. Maybe you have some clothes you want to fit in…I know I have a size one pair of the cutest white pants ever waiting for me…..Just think how great you will feel when you are done, with all that junk out of you. You will look and feel so great!! Just try to think positively and think about the long term is all I can think of. YOu really can’t do anything to make it taste better or anything, so that’s the best I got….

• southernloversouthernlover Raw Newbie

The master cleanse is terribly bad for you. Drinking maple syrup all day, healthy? I think not. First, it’s not raw, and second, maple syrup isn’t any better than processed white sugar, despite what some may tell you. Fasting is definitely a great thing, but fast on water, don’t fill your poor bodies with processed sugary gunk, lemons, and cayenne…which obviously burns your insides. (By the way, I’ve done the cleanse before…it just took some studying to realize how bad it was for me.) Love to all. :)

Ok, that’s interesting, but you don’t use much maple syrup at all anyway, and where did you hear about it being bad for you? I would be interested to read something about it. Thanks :)