Benefits of Chia

kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

I bought a ridiculously large bag of chia seeds and am looking for ways to use it. I’ve heard is particularly good for runners, anyone know why? and just in general anyone know the benefits of chia because I want an excuse to eat it up!

Comments

• kminty, chia has a ton of protein and is particularly great if you are an athlete. If you go to Angela Stokes website (google it—can’t remember the web address) she has an entire section devoted to chia and chia recipes.

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

its good for running because that watery gel that forms when you soak chia seeds is responsible for making chia a very slow releasing source of energy, so it keeps you sustained for long periods of time (theoretically i suppose). also, its very nutritious, great source of complete protein and calcium.

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

kminty3 – I eat chia just about every day either as a pudding made with almond milk and spices, or in my cacao smoothie. I also learned about through an Angela Stokes piece that was posted here a while back. For me the biggest reason to use it is the omega 3’s and it’s great for travel – much more stable than hemp.

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

kminty3~ Take a look at this site, I buy mine here and use 2 Tbs every morning in my fruit smoothies… I also put it in my midday green smoothies and in most of my ice creams and puddings… It works wonders for athletes with endurance, not to mention it has the highest level of plant source omega 3’s… So enjoy it and know you are being good to your body and brain!!!

https://www.chiaseedandoil.com/

• KristensRawKristensRaw Raw Newbie

CHIA: A Dieter’s Dream Food – I blogged about it here: http://kristensraw.blogspot.com/2008/04/chi-chi…

AWESOME CHIA USES

crackers out of it instead of flax seeds

I add it to smoothies

I dip my peeled banana in them

I add to desserts, puddings, chocolate, etc.

They add a lovely and fun crunch to things. I recently made Chocolate Chia Crackers that I’ll be posting on my blog soon.

Cheers,

Kristen Suzanne