Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

know where to find them?

a ton of breakfast recipes call for buckwheat groats. anyone have a good online store they get them from? I’m looking for the kind you soak overnight and either dehydrate to make crispy of blend to a porridge. I checked at my local whole foods but the stuff they had was packaged and didn’t look like it was raw. how do you know its raw and where are you guys finding them!? thanks :-)

Comments

• I’m not sure. I was told that all oat groats are steamed

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

Buckwheat groats are not to be confused with oat groats! Oat is most likely steamed and rather hard to find in the raw. All Buckwheat groats are raw (unless you buy them toasted) and will sprout. You can get them online from www.sproutpeople.com (an awesome site for info!). I’m sure you can get it at any healthfood store.

• Yes. any store that has bulk foods section should have them or they can order them for you. I’ve purchased mine from Sprouts.

What amazing mountain are you standing on Emlee???

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

If it is not Kasha, it is buckwheat groats. They should be raw in the store. Take a look at them, are they greenish tinted? That is the raw kind.

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

Mine were also in the bulk bin, next to the kashi, and they sprouted fine.

• Thanks all!!
    mamamilk- I’m on Mt. Rainer!! We are blessed to live where there is such a beautiful landscape.