Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

organic vs non... was surfing and found this

tbone13tbone13 Raw Newbie

while searching for organic vs non organic, i found this article

http://www.totalityofbeing.com/FramelessPages/A…

what do you guys think? it is true that i have only heard the good things about organic and raw, but is there possibly a down side?

Comments

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Many people have parasites regardless of their diet. Use common sense here. Don’t be afraid of parasites in veggies. Just do colon hydrotherapy, then use spicy food or black walnut as a parasite cleanse after your colon is clean.

The website doesn’t show scientific evidence for it’s info. I’ve read other quality books comparing org. vs. non, that actually show the RESULTS of FDA testing of pesticide levels or organic vs non.

• This is all total speculation, I don’t really have any facts to back up my theories, but…

I’ve read several articles that point towards vegetarians having a “higher parasite load” than meat eaters. I’m assuming that the parasite load that they are measuring is that excreted in the feces. Since our digestive systems are not very similar to “natural meat eaters” – we have much longer intestines where the meat sits and festers – the first thing I wonder when I read these articles is what would the comparison be if they were comparing the actual internal living parasites?

I mean, is it possible that since non-meat foods are actually digested and passed through the digestive system much faster that more living parasites make it out of the intestines in-tacts than those parasites that are sitting in the intestines trying to survive on rotting/fermenting meat? If my feces/urine are gonna contain parasites, I want them to be loaded with the little buggers- that means my body is getting rid of them (we have a much higher toxic load in our bloodstream / urine while we are detoxing than the average person amassing toxins daily in their tissues).

Sorry if this is a ridiculous (or gross) theory- it’s just something that would be interesting to study (the average number of living parasites INSIDE inside the digestive tract among those with different diets)

• I’d rather trust nature (parasites) than chemicals, GMO, hormones, radiation etc. Don’t be afraid of parasites, a healthy body can cope with these if ever in contact and as Winona mentioned there are ways to deal with them.

• Paxton SquiggledyPaxton Squiggledy Raw Newbie

I’m personally not worried about parasites. You will have them regardless, it seems to me. If I can, I intend to do 2 two week cleanses each year, where I have only carrot and pineapple juice, mixed with a juiced garlic, and taking walnut hull and clove tincture. That will surely do something to eliminate a few critters.

But organic is so very nutritious, and has no pesticides. It seems worth it to me. Pesticides cause cancer and neurological problems.

P.S. Ditto what KathrineL said.

• Bananna1333Bananna1333 Raw Newbie

I have heard of other downsides to organics…one of which is that they will often use heavy metals to deter bugs instead.

• Heavy metals?!? Ack! See, this is why I need a garden…so I know EXACTLY what I am eating.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

it’s all gross. i am still sticking with veggies. maybe that is why raw foodists lose weight? the parasites eat all the food? oh now i am grossing myself out.

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

MELAVERDE – I am with you. Obviously there are harmful organic compounds, parasites, etc to be concerned about; however, I trust Mother Nature over Exxon or Monsanto every day.

TBONE – That was an interesting read. Thanks for posting it.

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

I worm my dog once a year and I do the same with me. After all I don’t want to give my dog parasites.