Making Dressing with Blendtec

kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

Hey those with a blendtec: what setting do you use to make dressings and dips? I have been using the sauce/dips but it often just doesn’t get it smooth

Comments

• heyenglishheyenglish Raw Newbie

I manually pulse everything a few times, and then I run the smoothie setting. I just keep an eye on it and stop it mid-cycle if everything already looks creamy and blended.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

sauce seems to work ok for us. sometimes do it twice.

• I never use my settings. I use the up/down buttons. For dressing: put everything in, and push the up button one time (low) then after the vortex starts, up, up, up, all the way up for a few seconds, then stop. done!

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Pieces have to be small enough. Yes, those preset settings don’t seem to be ‘enough’. I use the up/down keys more often.

• Warning…. I just found out that the blendtec blender container contains Bisphenol-A (BPA).

• Browne911: “Warning…. I just found out that the blendtec blender container contains Bisphenol-A (BPA).”

I get the impression that most people here are all about learning and research. Assuming that’s the case, then you call know that a polycarbonate blender container is the last thing we all need to worry about.

I think everyone who fears BPA should take the “petroleum challenge”. Try your best to avoid all materials made from, or contaminated by petroleum. This includes thermoplastic polymers, for your BPA fans, polyester (polyethylene terephthalate) and, the air you breathe.

Good old air will provide you with a daily helping of carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxide, sulfer oxide, VOCs (including BPA), ammonia and many others. Oh, and don’t forget to quickly wash your hands, because you’ll never guess what those computer keys are made from…