Smoothie Challenge - help my skinny arse!

Ok I need your help, everyone. Please give me a recipe for a smoothie that has as close to 1,000 calories in it, 24 oz. or less, and won’t give me a heart attack from extreme levels of fat. A lot of fat is ok, but not extreme levels….heh heh.

Is this even possible???

Comments

• c’mon, help a girl out. I’m wasting away…

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

That is so many calories! I don’t know how I’d put that in a smoothie!

Why are you wasting away? doing some kind of liquid fast or something? EAT GIRL! ha. Wish I could help more but I don’t think I’ve ever tried to eat more calories. Kinda the opposite for me.

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

I have no idea the number of calories, but the Frozen Vanilla Bliss recipe is one you might peek at.

This smoothie tasted like diary soft-serve ice-cream, only better. It is a simple smoothie recipe that can be tweaked for athletes; uses tahini which is rich in good fat, calcium and protein; and is way better to use when working out as a protein source than those awful powders. You can use anywhere from 1-6 tablespoons of tahini in the smoothie depending on your needs. Add carob or fruit, let your imagination run wild.

• Thanks kandace! I’ll check out that recipe.

Any other suggestions people??

No, troublesjustabubble, I don’t fast. My husband does all the fasting around here. ha ha. i’m either always pregnant and/or nursing and i personally don’t agree with fasting in those states. my metabolism is just crazy fast (genetics). eating more and weight training helps, but i still need more. right now i need to make some additional adjustments b/c nursing my one year old is just requiring that i up the calories at this point since she’s getting bigger.

• so, i’ve been thinking about this all day, and i came up with a sample smoothie formula which most likely will taste yummy, and be chocked full o’ goodness and fat and calories. start with a young coconut, add fruit (mango always goes well, so does strawberry + banana), add cacao nibs, flax oil, an avocado or 2, some raw almond butter and hemp seeds, perhaps some cinnamon and vanilla bean too. surely this will be full of fat, but after a while, i believe high calories almost always equals a good amount of fat, unless you’re talkin’ white pasta and bread.

i hear ya about the nursing or pregnant-state..i only have 3, but i’ve lactated for 6 consecutive years…seemed like once one was 15mo, i was pregnant with the next and still nursing, and even tandemed with #1 and #2 for a year. ahhh, love me some lactation and pregnancy (and homebirth/unassisted homebirth) and babies—pure bliss!!!