Hi!

I’ve been slowly increasing my raw intake for several months, but I’ve just moved and now starting a new job and for so many reasons I’m now “ready” to kick it up. I have a wonderful physician who is etremely holistic and in full support of my raw diet. I have fibromyalgia, and she’s seen how I’ve improved by eliminating some things and adding some others. We’ve taken a slow approach, althiugh I’m usually a jump-in-with-both-feet kinda girl. For me, taking it slow and seeing how my body responds so positively is great! My friends and family make faces at my “spinach juice” breakfast, but I am really very blessed to have family that are extremely supportive and willing to try anything as well!

Looking forward to the journey…

Comments

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Glad you find the site! How amazing to find a supportive physician. How did you find out about raw food? Did you doctor tell you about it?

Are you enjoying your meals? Do you have access to fresh organic produce? Have any questions for us?

I found out about raw food by searching for an avocado salad and finding a lovely recipe on goneraw. Then I figured that if raw vegans can eat all this gorgeous indulgent food, what aren’t I doing that?

• Isn’t it interesting how many different ways we find raw??? I was under the care of a chiropractor when I was diagnosed with fibro, so I went in and told him that I didn’t want to take drugs (that’s what the first doctor recommended) and I wanted to get well. I had already eliminated many things from my diet and I was a bit of a purist… very crunchy organic-y and all. But then he tells me I need to cut our dairy and most meat, they are inflammatories. I gasp and say “you mean COMPLETELY VEGAN??” He says I could probably have a little fish now and then, but yes, vegan would most certainly help my condition. So I mope off to Barnes and Noble for a new cookbook. I figure if I have to think about this then I might as well buy myself a new cookbook (I must have had 200 already on my shelf)and I found Raw Food Real World. Hmmm, ok, well, it’s vegan. Looks interesting. So I bought it and went home and read then researched then read some more then researched. MAde a smoothie, researched some more. I already had some of the tools, like a sprouter and a dehydrator. So I’ve gradually gone from a raw breakfast to about 75% raw on a regular basis.

I’m pretty fortunate to be in a suburb of Boston where I do have access to a significant amount of fresh organic foods. We also have Costco local which is a real budget saver!

I don’t have many questions at this point… I guess because even though I’m “new”, this feels like a really natural extension of what I’ve done for years… using whole fresh foods as much as possible.

I just got my new excalibur dehydrator yesterday and I’m really looking forward to firing it up tonight!

I think it’s funny that you went looking for one thing and your whole life changed! You can write your story and title it “ode to an avocado”

I’m off to create some indulgent food….

• nothinkingbehind,

I am fairly new to raw, been a vegetarian for 15 yrs…my mother in law is coming to live with us for a while as she has some health issues (fibro-being one) and I am hoping to help her in a healthier way of eating. She has a pretty terrible diet of lots of coffee, maybe a Luna bar and 1 piece of fruit, some kind of meat at night and then lots of ice cream. She is very lean, back problems, fibro, depression, etc. I know that changing my diet has helped me, I saw it even in my first week…but I have no severe health issues.

To get to my point, please keep me posted on your fibro and eating raw, if you do not mind…it is something I have been looking into for my mother-in-love for a while now. Thanks so much and happy eating!