Is this a bad eating habit to get into?

sarawsaraw Raw Newbie

Today I am going back to 100% raw, and I KNOW I will be grouchy for a good week as I detox. To keep food costs down, I thought I could keep it simple, and buy only a few ingredients, and have the same three meals for a week, and then switch to something else the next week. This seems to save me time, and money, but is it a bad way to eat? I figured I’d eventually even out, and get all my nutrients in over a good 2 week period. I make a lot of smoothies. I have these even when I’m NOT all raw lately. I mean, I start out with good intentions. :-) I have greens each day, most I use spinach, romaine, and kale. I’ve got chard that i”ve been using as well. I have flax every day, and I like to eat simple salads of just greens, and a good dressing. I don’t eat a lot of melons, grapefruits, lemons, oh, and I no longer am the proud owner of a food processor. It died on me while making some raw brownies. I was fortunate enough to have made a nice batch of cheese with spring onions before that. Oh, I eat cabbage a lot too. I’m going to be starting school full force with my children in August, and I really will not have a whole lot of time to prepare foods, and I”m afraid this will ruin me. I keep telling myself that in the long run, I will have the energy to teach them, and not burn out. Okay, so, I’ve written a novel here.

Comments

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

It sounds like you’re getting alot of nutrients. I eat very simply as well. I work full time and am married with a dog and for some reason feel like I never have time. I know it’s definitely consuming to homeschool(I’m assuming that’s what you mean by “starting school full force with my children”. I was homeschooled so I totally understand.

Just do what you can and I’m pretty sure you’ll be good on what you’re doing. The consistency may help you detox faster too…..not sure on it but it would make sense. haha

• Im no expert, but I basically do the same thing. Maybe with a little more fruit. I have a fruit or veggie smoothie for breakfast. For lunch, usually a huge salad or a veggie sub. For supper maybe another salad or a mushroom burger and allot of salsa. I’ve been caught in this rut for a while now without burning out. I’ve lost about 55lbs and now my weight has stabilized. Ive been living this lifestyle for about 2 years now and I feel great. Good Luck!

• heartshapedskyheartshapedsky Raw Newbie

I love reading everyone’s experiences here. Congrats on the weight loss smitty! and saraw, best of luck, sounds like you’re doing great!