Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Ice Cream - Give me your favorite!

WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Here’s my favorite ice cream: MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP It’s pure indulgence! Truly raw macadamia nuts can be purchased here

Also, how would you make a raw version of these Ben&Jerry Ice creams? CHUNKY MONKEY – Banana Ice Cream with Fudge Chunks and Walnuts

CHOCOLATE FUDGE BROWNIE – Chocolate ice cream with fudge brownies

Comments

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Well, I like young coconut based ice cream better. Cashew ice cream isn’t as good – especially with other flavors like chocolate and strawberry.

For banana,simple, just blend in a banana and process through ice cream maker – when it’s almost done just pour in some fudge chunks and walnuts. Fudge chunks are blended walnuts, cocoa powder and yacon syrup.

For chocolate fudge brownie, just add cocoa powder to vanilla ice cream and pour in some fudge brownie chunks – almond butter maybe with agave or honey and some walnuts powdered. Freeze the fudge mixture before adding to ice cream.

• jeshuabrownjeshuabrown Raw Newbie

I really miss pumpkin pie-can you think of any way to rawify it? I guess there is graham cracker recipe here, but it’s not the same….

• Frozen sliced bananas processed in a food processor makes great ice cream!! Add in your own mixings, and I say it would be very similar to Ben and Jerry’s. :)

Pumpkin pie ice cream is very simple too. Simply blend in fresh cubed pumpkin (substitute with pumpkin pie spice when not in season, it actually works great) with young Thai coconut meat, vanilla extract, cinnamon, a little coconut oil, and some raw honey or if you don’t mind non-raw sweeteners use some agave. Blend it all up, chill in the fridge overnight. Hey jeshuabrown I know what you mean, it just isn’t the same as good old graham crackers. I have been experimenting and came up with this idea:

Blend some dried banana pieces in a food processor or blender with a few tablespoons of raw almond butter and a small teaspoon of mesquite. Mesquite is very strong in large quantities so use very little, but it does really add the graham cracker essence. Add some date sugar too. Dehydrate just for an hour or to to make them slightly crumbly and process evenly into the ice cream. Process the chilled pumpkin cream through an ice cream maker and put some graham cracker pieces into the machine 5 minutes before the ice cream is done.

I just thought of the graham cracker recipe, haven’t tried it but it is sounding interesting, at least from my point of view. let me know what you think.

• heathermarsbombheathermarsbomb Raw Newbie

what kind of ice cream makers do you have???

• My favorite is from Raw Food Real World though I usually adapted it a little. For example I’ll halve the amount of sweetener because it really doesn’t need it and I use honey because I cannot eat any other kind of sweetener. Also in the recipe if you substitute 2 tsp of peppermint extract for 2 of the vanilla teaspoons then it’s an absolutely scrumptious peppermint ice cream. The only thing I don’t like about it is having to crack open all those coconuts! Whoever said it was easy ought to share the secret!

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

i have this one LINK HERE

but it should only be used for vegan ice cream – it doesn’t work well with the milk/cream/sugar ice creams, not that you’d use it for that anyway.

anyways, i really like it, found it at a yard sale.

I also love coconut ice cream, layladebloody!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i want to get a cheaper than $50 ice cream maker. any ideas?

bitt, you can get a cuisinart for about $60, which is what I have. It works great, I bought it on amazon.com.

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

OPENING A COCONUT: http://fr.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids…

This video shows it perfectly and it really does work :)