Rip off?

So if some nuts (such as macadamia, brazil, or pine nuts) do not need to be soaked, what is with the websites selling soaked and dehydrated nuts including those ones? Like this website: http://store.bluemountainorganics.com/index.php…

Am I missing something or wouldn’t this just be a rip off to buy since they do not need to be soaked? What do you think? Do you guys buy these?

Comments

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

I wouldn’t buy nuts already soaked and dehydrated, just cuz I don’t really trust any processing and how can I know if they didn’t “cook” the nuts dry? I suppose companies like this are aiming for the raw foodists with little time to spare and extra cash, but not for the purists. Sometimes nuts are soaked and dehydrated with added flavors, so maybe that’s what they’re selling. Yeah, could be a rip off, but I suppose if you’re strapped for time it might be a good thing.

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

There are in fact some people that keep it completely RAW. They are VERY VERY good, but expensive. Better to not buy them. Make them. I never did that yet.

Brazil nuts do not need to be soaked?? I did not know that.

• I probably wouldn’t buy them either but what I was confused about is the fact they are soaking nuts that don’t need to be. I would think that it would just lessen the flavor of them and make them not as tasty…. but who knows!? I don’t have a dehydrator so I don’t have the luxury of knowing what soaked and dried nuts taste like. Only soaked!