Herbs/supplements

Curious as to what herbs/supplements everyone takes?

I take ginko biloba(for my brain) nettle (for my allergies), and evening primrose (for women’s general health/PMS) capsules daily.

I just ordered some kava from http://www.konakavafarm.com/ which I am excited about (supposed to be great for stress!!)

Other herbs I take, usually in tea form, as the need arises, such as chamomile, ginger, red clover, dandelion etc etc

Any you swear by??

Comments

• I take an MSM supplement 2-3 times a day for my skin. I also use spirulina and bee pollen (a spoonful or two) a day for extra protein, vitamins, and minerals. I’ll put it in my green smoothies b/c I don’t like the taste.

I really love Kombucha tea and try to drink at least half a bottle a day. The “floaties” used to gross me out! LOL. So I make a the Mojo Jito drink from www.gliving.tv I think someone posted the recipe on goneraw, but I couldn’t find it! :-)

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i take MSM too! And I love kombucha. I take a whole bunch of animo acids and herbs right now for my re-activated mono but that is not typical. I also use kava for stress and sleep. i am a big believer in western herbs and/or chinese herbs for recovery from illness.

• herbs are great and so many people have found success with them in their diets. we must all be super super educated and careful on our own but also talk to our nutritionist or naturopath to get a good balance and expert advice of what is right for our personal bodies. whether it’s kava or anything else, many herbs are contraindicated for certain medical and non-medical conditions.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

Well said mamamilk, i agree to supplement with supervision only.

• thecavsmanthecavsman Raw Newbie

I drink a tea to help me concentrate during stressful times where I have a lot to do – probably on average once per day. The ingredients are: gotu kola, ginko biloba, ginseng, holy thistle, periwinkle, calamus, ginger, cinnamon, damiana, and stevia. It is from an herbalist that I trust.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

I prefer to take nothing. Currently I take Grapefruit seed extract for candida management and Udo’s probiotic once a day. I’ll go back to nothing in August.