Got ripped!! Honey

Read an article in newspaper last week about local raw honey (Austin, TX area). The advertisement says it is 100% local and raw (unheated & unfiltered). They even have a web-site and free home delivery in Austin area. I was so impressed and believed them and ordered not 1 or 2, but 4 pounds of Honey yesterday. The guy just came to my office and delivered. I was so happy and couldn’t hold back, opened a bottle and tasted it right away. You know what, it’s not even regular 100% honey, what you get off-the-shelf in super markets. It is adulterated (I’m 100% sure because I’ve tasted these kinds of Honey back in India a zillion times, where they mix processed molasses/raw sugar/jaggery, in some heated honey). It’s gross. I really don’t understand why these people do such sort of things. Atleast they could’ve sold it as regular Honey.

Just wanted to let it out….Thanks for reading. Now I don’t know what to do with 4 lbs of this crap.

Comments

• thecavsmanthecavsman Raw Newbie

Try to give it back. Don’t know if they will take it though since they aren’t a store and aren’t afraid of losing your business (they’d already lost it).

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

OH man – sorry to hear that!! What jerks – selling something pretending it’s raw and it’s not even all honey!

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Contact the company. Make a good faith effort to remedy the situation. If you are not able to resolve the situation satisfactorily, an option is to report the incident to the Better Business Bureau and/or other consumer and agriculture agencies. If that is too much trouble, simply give the stuff to a shelter (a tax deduction) or throw it away and chalk it up to a “learning opportunity.”

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

I say go to the Better Business bureau first. You know it is crap. So why let time go buy and have other people get suckered in. Sorry