Raw Adolescence: Any Pointers??

As a 14-year-old, I have both doubt and faith in my vegan, 80-85% raw diet. I have recently been struggling to put on a little more bulk, and while my muscles are definetely solid and toned, they are still fairly small. I’m not looking to be a bodybuilder, but I mainly just want to know that I am actually okay (which I, and most of my non-raw relatives, think). That effort is actually strating to come along pretty well now that I can focus on it during the summer (lots of hemp!). Also, my height has been a slight issue over the past couple of months. This effort, too, is starting to pick up speed and I’m up to around 5’4” w/o shoes (which is a big step from 5’2.5” 4 months ago). Nevertheless, I would love to take any pointers I can get from those who have, or have had, or were, or are veggie teens. I really appreciate it, as I am, with the exception of some guidance from my mom, kind of doing this on my own! Thanks!

Comments

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

I’ve been vegetarian since 15. I didn’t eat very well though. My family was no help and I just had to hae the “sides” and buy frozen veggie burgers. There are some teens on here, I bet they will pipe up. Things have changed since I was a kid. I think it’s great that you are vegan. The animals thank you.

• ajchanterajchanter Raw Newbie

Hey there!, Its cool to know im not the only one !!:) – Im 14 and im raw vegan too! I actually eat pretty simply, and make sure i eat lots of green leafies! My mum and dad are becoming accepting (we just went to my first RAW potluck this evening, and they LOVED it! :), although they think its rather iscolating socially. I would loveeeeeee to meet other raw teens as i have yet to even meet another vegan my age :( And i know how you feel!: its so fustrating plus there is hardly ANY info or advice specifically for raw teens on the internet! :( Where abouts do you live (country)? I live between the UK and France.:) AJ

• AJ: I live stateside, right in North Carolina (on the east coast). Thanks for the tremendous support!