estragen pills = pregnancy?

hey, i am taking estragen pills for a week to see if i get my preriod… wich i have not had in 6mounths. i have herd that people who have taken estragen pills are more likly to get pregnant wile taking them. dose anyone know or have herd of anyone becoming pregnant wile taking these pills?

Comments

• Hi Hannah. Did you get these pills from a Doc? In the past I have had to use estragen pills to stop break through bleeding. I was on BC and that certain brand didn’t have ENOUGH estragen for my body and it was making me bleed. Let me see if I can make a phone call and get an answer for your question . . .

• Okay, I called my IDC (independent duty corpsman, I am in the Navy) and she said the following:

That if you haven’t gotten you period in six months and your not pregnant than you should see a medical professional. Not sure if you do the whole western med thing, but even a naturopath would be a good idea.

Unless a doc put you on estrogen for a certain reason most likely it won’t help you get your period back. She said 95% of the time it is used for non-menopausal women to stop break through bleeding or to reduce menopausal women’s symptoms.

No estrogen pills don’t make it more likely to get pregnant.

Also if you have recently become underweight or have had lots of stress that could be a cause. Women’s bodies are really sensitive.

Please see a health professional for your personal proper treatment, since neither one of us knows your health background.

I hope this helps out a bit. Good luck getting it back!

• jellibijellibi Raw Newbie

No, I’m sorry. I don’t know anyone who has used estrogen pills. I’m curious though… are you still ovulating? It’s possible to ovulate (and become pregnant) with an absence of menses. You might not need to take estrogen pills (and they may not be good for you if you don’t need them). If I were you, I would use ovulation prediction kits to see if I am still ovulating before I would take estrogen pills. Then, after you find out whether you are still ovulating or not, you can decide what to do next.

Just my two cents :) Good luck though, my thoughts are with you. I have been trying to get pregnant for a very long time so I know how hard it can be.

• Oh are you trying to get pregnant? I read it as if you were trying not to . . . sorry.

If so my colonists has reproductive problems (ie doesn’t get her period or ovulate) but has started seeing an acupuncturist who specializes in fertility. She told me she has started to get her period more regularly. Not every 28-30 days but every 2 months or so. Perhaps it’s something to look into.

Good luck either way!

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

yes yes yes I have two daughters thanks to birth control pills but at the time I was very sick and they put me on them to control pain They never told me it might give me something I was missing, the estrogen I belive. I LOVE my daughters so dont get me wrong but I do not like doctors maybe in an emergency situation they are good to have around but now I know there are things I can do to cure me of the bad things of their emergency help too

I thought you meant you didnt want to get pregnant sorry but yes my periods were really messed up. and when I was growing up you did not discuss such things, all my mother told me when I first started my period was not to use tampons until I was married. so I suffered, I had about 4 periods a year and they were horrible my mom and sister would tell me to drink tea and eat crackers and stop being such a big baby. it was not until I was 19 when I was staying with my sister and had a period for 6 six weeks and ruined all my clothes that they decided there was something physically wrong with me then hey there came the birth control pills and out popped daughter number 1 lol gee I had a hysterectomy about five years ago, so happy about that!

• jellibijellibi Raw Newbie

I just realized too that I read it thinking you were trying to get pregnant, but maybe your not. Haha, we’re all confused!

• Fist off let me say that all of yall are awesome and have great feedback.

I did go to the doctors for the estrogen pills that I am taking, and it to see if I have a break through bleed after I stop taking them. Wile I have been taking the pills I have been experiencing crazy moods, extreme hunger and have been extremely nauseous. I have been sexually active wile taking my pills and im not trying to get pregnant but definitely would not be dissipated if I got pregnant, I would be extremely happy. Im just wondering if I am more likely to become pregnant wile on the pill., I have been with the same partner for 4 years and for the past few months we have not been using any protection so im just going to have to wait and find out if it’s the pills of a baby. Feedback is great if you have any more thankyou so much

• Hey hannah any resolution one way or another?