Yipes! Cell phone worries...

Found this article speculating on possible damage caused by cell phones…set out clearly so the lay person can understand…

http://www.somewhatfrank.com/2005/06/are_cell_p…

I know this is not a new discovery for many of you and also I had heard that they were bad for you, but this just made it very clear to me and made me not want to hide my head in the sand (or the electromagnetic radiation!) about it anymore.

Call me paranoid, but the more I delve into the ‘rabbit hole’ of health issues, the more it becomes apparent to me that big money and governments do not have our best interests at heart.

I am going to get a headset and a Tesla plate for my phone!! Better get one for my laptop tooo…..:S

Comments

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

PERFORMING MANTIS For starters, I love your user name.

I have been warning my son about cellphones for almost a year. My 18 month old grandson’s favorite toy is a play cellphone and he is always picking up his parents’ phones. I recently spent a weekend with them and I tssk, tssked them the whole time.

I read where the chief medical correspondent for all three major TV stations came together and stated they personally did not use cellphones next to their heads given the probability of danger absent a litany of studies.

I just forwarded your link to my son. Eventually he has to catch on. Remember the steps to presenting any new knowledge: First if is ridiculed, then it is violently opposed, and finally it is accepted as self-evident. Remind anyone of the global warming arguments?

Thanks for the post.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

I didn’t read the entire article… but I have heard of this before. I do try to use my phone less often and keep it away.

Question is, what cells are being damaged? And at what rate? I am wondering it the rate of damage is slower than the rate of replacement by the body, especially a healthy or raw body. Of course, it’s better not to do damage to the body… but, I’m just curious about this.

• Germin8: Hmm, yeah, good question…

I honestly don’t know, but if cells are irradiated, can’t that produce mutations which are then passed on to the next generation of cells? WHat i mean is, sure the cells might be replaced, but would they be good ones? Isn’t that something that leads to cancer?

I don’t know…..shrugs

thanks for ur post :)

• Meditating :

Gosh that does not bode well for your little grandson! :( (‘Do as I say, not as I do’ and all that).

Hahah I like that ‘absent from a litany of studies’....like what I suspect is a HUGE amount of information witheld from the public…really gets my goat. You sound like a conspiracy theorist if you try to point this out to any of the ‘flock’, mind, as I am sure you know….’But the government is there to help us!’. I have heard these exact words come out of someones mouth. sigh

Yup, I agree with the ‘new knowledge’ quote.

Thanks for your post :)

Oh and thanks….I am so long and lanky like a praying mantis to the point where I feel awkward at times, but for dancing long limbs are wonderful…hence the ‘performing’ part heheh

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Gosh I’ve been hearing that for ages…my mom has a Bluetooth headset with her cell phone and I have a cell phone too, but only use it 5 minutes a day or less so I don’t need to spend money on the headset when it’s only being used 5 minutes a day. But yea, you can get brain cancer from too much cell phone exposure. It’s definitely true. Get your headset. :)