Gut Rot

Okay, so my gut is probably not rotting away, but it feels like it.

For the past three or so days, I have had a cramping, bloating and a “rotten” feeling. I have not been 100% raw (could this be the problem?)

I went from cooked vegan to raw 100% for about 10 days, to sneaking about 1 cup of some kind of cooked vegan food each day. For some reason, preparing my family’s food required me to “taste test” the final product (ahem…)

So, I feel yucky.

Comments

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

well if you are not combining the food properly it could be a problem. i don’t know much about combining but if you search the forums you might find something.

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

I know an easy way to see if it is cooked food. I bet you can guess.smile

You may be using up a lot of enzymes to digest the cooked foods. Also, the heat from the cooking destroys over 80% of the vitamins, changes the protein to an unstable form,and the organic minerals revert back to there inorganic state. Could be your body got use to living foods, now your changing the menu on it.

• thanks guys…I’ll decide on what I am going to eat (haha) and stick to it, as well as do some investigation on food combining.

• KrystaleKrystale Raw Newbie

It very well could be the going back and forth. Different foods require different digestive bacteria and bacteria have a rather short life span.

• heyenglishheyenglish Raw Newbie

It could also be your greens intake. I had to back down on my greens because I was all bloated and gassy. That sorted out my problem. :)

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Even when my diet is stable 100% raw every day, some days I feel icky like I have eaten crap, and it makes me feel like just having juice all day and nothing else. I just put it down to a detox cycle.