Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Master Cleanse

Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

Hello, I am doing my very first and I am now starting on day 4 of the master cleanse. It has not been as bad as I thought it was going to be even thou I still had to make meals for my husband he is a semi driver and just decided to come home on this weekend of all weekends. I thought his eating in front of me would have sent me over the edge but I made it thru pretty good. Anyone have any advice on getting thru the next 7 days? I need all the help I can get. I am not so much hungry as much as I keep thinking of different flavors I can even taste them kinda, that is weird.thanks everyone all your help is appreciated!

Comments

• Blue_Eyes! Keep up the good work! The first 3 days are the hardest. I’ve done the master cleanse twice. Be encouraged – the benefits are absolutely worth the temporary discomfort! When you start to crave flavors or foods… think about eating a raw salad, if that sounds really good to you then it means you’re hungry. If you’re hungry drink another serving of your lemonade. If you think of the salad and it doesn’t sound good that means you’re just having a craving and that is part of the detox process. Peter Glickman has a website with great information regarding the master cleanse. There are blogs from people who have done it and I think there is an encouragement forum as well. http://www.therawfoodsite.com/mastercleanse.htm Try and get out in the sun some each day if you can. Try and do some sort of exercise. You are amazing and you’re doing an amazing thing. Keep up it up! You can do it!

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

Hey Blue_Eyes:

Not everyone has a bad day 7. I have done 3 or 4 MC’s and the first few were the same… day 7 was bad – just low energy and i really wanted to eat. But, this past one, because i had been eating raw, i felt incredible! NO day 7 or any other bad day i felt great! I’m kinda weird in the sense that if i’m craving something, i just smell what i’m craving and i feel better. I actually bought a candle that smells just like white cake and that helps my cake cravings. I haven’t had to use it in a long time, but that was my help! Just remember to drink enough of the MC so that your not actually hungry. If you do have a bad day, just keep telling yourself, “only 3 more days”.. or however much longer it will be. I actually enjoyed looking at this site and picking out which meals i’d like to try once my MC was done. I’ll be doing another MC very, very soon. Probably at the beginning of September. If you need any support or help, please feel free to email me – carriegraf at gmail.com Good Luck!

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

My whole MC was wonderful and honestly I had no bad days, but I was really highly motivated as I needed to detox meds I’d been taking. You might want to seach the other MC threads on this website. One important thing is just to be prepared and not make social plans. Drink mint tea if you must go out and consume something. Drink as much lemonade as you feel necessary – don’t worry about having too much; hunger kills good intentions!

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

I decided to think things through when I was hungry. What I came up with was this: hunger is usually a problem to be solved, what I am going to eat and when? So, when hunger arose, I told myself that I wasn’t going to solve this problem right now. I would have a lemonade and do something to distract myself. I felt that I could ignore my problem since I wasn’t going to “solve” it! Maybe you can tell yourself that you’ll enjoy those flavors that you are currently craving when you are finished with the MC, and you’ll enjoy them with a sense of pride, accomplishment and entitlement! When I was seriously dieting, I used to tell myself that I would get more enjoyment from not eating whatever it was that I wanted than I would get pleasure from eating it. One time I threw a $5 brownie out the window. I bought it and then felt guilty so I threw it out the window. I still remember that power over the craving, whereas I wouldn’t remember the taste of it today!

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

ending day 4,Thanks for the ideas I used the salad one today and it worked well, thanks artistmaj, I thought today would go by smoothly but I arrived at work only to find out it was the big bosses birthday which meant a cookout and tons of snacks. when the smells started coming thru to my office I went for a ride and bought a new dress instead. By the time I came back they had it all cleaned up. whew, made it thru that one. should be it for birthdays for a few days so it should be ok tomorrow. Although I cant go shopping everyday either. daniefon I too have thrown out food that I was craving.That is really hard then I would sit and miss it, but not enough to go buy another.

Another day down and 6 six more to go!!!

When I went to the health food store to get supplies I was talking to a girl about if she knew anything about teas, she said not really and then a saleperson came up and I told her what I was doing and she recommened one “smooth move” then the girl came creeping back around the corner wanting to know more. So may be another doing the cleanse soon. She was very interested.

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Blue-Eyes—When I do a MC I use “Smooth Move”. I don’t particularly care for the taste, so I add a little maple syrup. I do, however, like the results. The MC morning saltwater flush does not work for me, so I drink the tea twice a day. “Smooth Move” is also available in some of the grocery stores here. It comes in a chocolate flavor, too, but I like that even less than the regular tea.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh maple syrup in the tea fantastic idea so much better thanks I will try the tea in the morning also and see how that works. the salt water flush is hard to get down. can only get 2 to 3 cups down before I think I am going to heave it back up.

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

I had the same problem with the saltwater. I had to drink it so slowly to keep from gagging that it didn’t have the desired effect.

I am almost thru day 5 and doing great. I have a concern tho that now I am having to force down the lemonade, not that it taste bad I actually really like it. but I am just not hungry or thirsty so I have to make a metal note to drink it. I went thru the whole day at work and have only drank 20 ounces so far. So I am really going to have to push now to get at least 40 more in. Has anyone else just not wanted to have anything?

• I’ve done two 10 day Master cleanses. The 2nd time through I wasn’t hungry much at all. And like you said had to kind of remind/force myself to drink. I felt a lot weaker coming out of the second cleanse than I did the first time through. My recommendation is to be sure you do drink at least 6 of your servings a day.You need the nutrients! Set a timer if you have to. you’re doing a great job! Keep up the good work.

thanks artistmaj, it really makes it better having people to talk to about this. At work they roll their eyes, ‘are you still doing that?’ and shake their heads. So this site is really great. The way I feel now I am hoping to stay on it longer than 10 days, I hope I do not change my mind later I have several health issues I want cleared up and I thought this might speed things up. Have been making a lot of progess in the last seven months but now that I am seeing results I am getting antsy about getting healthy. I was also thinking that since I am not really hungry now might be a good time to start looking at reciepes for when I am done. My grandaughter has been wanting me to have another tea party and I was thinking about doing everything raw this time, except the tea of course.

• Hi, I just finished my first 10 day master cleanse. It went very well except at the end when I was ready to drink o.j. for days 11 and 12. The orange juice, unlike the lemon drink made me really want to eat food, it didn’t make me feel full like the lemon did so those last couple days were a bit tougher. Has anyone else had this experience? Also, my mouth was extremely DRY when on the o.j. Other than that I was really happy with the cleanse!

WAY TO GO EATCAKE CONGRATS!! Starting day 7 and I think I finally have the hang of the salt water flush. I was reading some other sites and they kept talking about how important it was and that to drink it slowly so as to not upset your stomach. I have been trying to get it down as fast as possible. But today I have successfully drank the entire quart!!! I also use a straw stuck back as far as I can to Keep as much of my tougue out of the way. so I had it down in 35 Minutes and It is working just fine.

Does it need to be Orange juice at the end? That is one fruit I am not fond of. I used to eat tons of them as a kid but guess I ate to many and just do not like them especially since my first pregnancy. I was thinking Carrot juice maybe?????

Hello again day 11 and tomorrow I plan on getting off this. Is there other things I can start out on besides Orange juice?????

• Blue_Eyes Great job with making it through the cleanse! I know you will achieve the health you want. The orange juice IS necessary to help your stomach get ready to assimilate “real” food. Something about the orange juice is just right to get your insides ready again to eat. It’s only two days – if you can do 10 days on lemonade I know you can do 2 days on orange juice! Again great job.