water fasting -- HELP!

hi everyone—

my best friend and I are doing a 4 day water fast (because we’re beginners) and we’re both a little unstable. Is it pretty typical to become a little panicked at times? I will get these rushed feelings of panic about not eating. It’s making me a little uncomfortable.

I would feel a lot better if I heard about other people’s experiences with fasting.

Oh! And what should good raw coconut juice taste like? I bought a coconut yesterday to have some of the juice in my water, and it tasted like salt! I didn’t think that was right…

thanks for any help.

Comments

• http://www.freedomyou.com is a comprehensive website about fasting. click on the fasting and water fasting links for support and information on these things. yes what you are experiencing is normal. get lots of rest.

• Thanks for the link, mamamilk. It looks like there is a ton of info here. I have never water fasted over 4 days, but have always wanted to. However, my husband did a 21 day fast several years ago.

chrisspie123-I think it gets better after 3 or 4 days from what I have heard.

• Hey hey- Im an experienced faster. The feeling youre getting are normal for detox. your brain is telling you to do whatever to get food. I recommend meditation to help this. Overall, I don’t really ever recommend water fasting unless you’re at a retreat. Its too tough to do when you have a life to live. You may want to try a master cleanse (water, lemon juice, cayenne, and maple syrup) to make your symptoms less intense. Green drinks are also a wonderful way to purify your body. I fast on lots of green veggie juices. You can still work while doing this and you wont believe the energy. Also raw coconut water should taste sweet and mildly coconutty. It should be cloudy white. If its other colors it may be bad.