Making rejuvelac...Help!

I tried to make my first batch of rejuvelac. On the net I found two ways; one which sprouts first and the other that doesn’t. I tried the “doesn’t sprout method” first and then later found out I should have done the sprouting…whatever. My situation is this: It STUNK. Maybe it fermented too long? It had a white foamy layer on top and really stunk to high heaven, It was bubbly (when I pured it out! :) but I was too afraid to taste it. I thought it would KILL ME! haha…

I have reservations when I sprout (no real successes yet…and I hear it is so easy!) and how sour should my rejuvelac be?

Comments

• my mom has been making rejuvalac for a few years now and I was able to spend some time with her learning the art and intro to raw. we made rejuvelac together and now i actually just made my own first batch of rejuvelac. there is an excellent method for making rejuvelac in The Living Foods Lifestyle by Brenda Cobb. using the soft wheat berries soaked and sprouted – filtered water for 36-48 hours depending on ambient temperature – once complete i had a mildly cloudy yellowish (almost lemonade color) with a few bubbles on top liquid that smelled somewhat like fermented cheese – and had a tart/tingly flavor slighty fermenty – just like mom made. sometimes it helps to have a second eye when first making – perhaps it fermented a little too long.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I have never made it yet, but I read that the reason a lot of people have trouble making rejuvelac is that they aren’t using filtered water, and chlorine kills the good microorganisms that make it what it is supposed to be, so it goes bad instead of fermenting the right way.

• heathermarsbombheathermarsbomb Raw Newbie

I posted about my rejuvelac success the other day,...its somewhere on the forums..