sore throat comes and goes?

Hi all, since I’ve been raw I haven’t experienced any cold/flu like symptoms ( 5 months :) – which is pretty good for me..someone who was always having allergy like symptoms. ...anyhow, this past week I noticed I am very very tired and whenever I start to feel tired my throat starts to get sore. As soon as I rest a bit or eat, it goes away? What the heck is this? I’ve never had this happen before? It keeps coming and going? Now today I have a headache as soon as I woke and I am so sleepy. A few days ago I took some melatonin at night to help me sleep. Could this still be making me tired days later? I’ve taken it before, and not had a reaction like this. But I never took a full dose like a did two days ago. ...or could this be like re-tox or something? I have never been 100% raw and eat some kind of cooked food daily. So, I don’t understand why that would bother me like this 5 months later? any ideas?

Comments

• Hi artzyfartzy,

I have had the same problem as you but I’ve had it for years. Mine is due to a lactose intolerance. I’ve been high raw vegan for a few months now and have found that my sore throat has disappeared which is amazing considering I was on all sorts of steroids previously to get rid of it. It used to wake my up at about 4am daily and I would not be able to get back to sleep. Anyhow, about a month and a half ago i started taking hayfever tablets, as I was unable to get my usual herbal mix to relieve the sympyoms, and after a few days my throat started waking me up again at an ungodly hour from soreness. I was baffled for a few weeks as I had not touch dairy for so long. Well…one day it clicked and I read the packet of the hayfever tablets. They contained lactose. BING! (this also happened with sleeping tablets I took when I did a long 25hr flight)

So…my point is, you may be allergic to lactose. I also find that if I have a bit too much to drink,( yes that’s right, I still consume some alcohol!), I sometimes wake up in the morning with a tender throat.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the soreness would always go away once I either had a shower or put something in my mouth…Weird.

...CHECK YOUR PACKETS and eliminate all dairy/lactose..even goat and sheep products (if indeed you still consume some of those). Hopefully after a few days or even 1 day you will notice a difference.

OK, Dr Zoe is signing off now. te he he :)

• thank you z?chen for this advice. I do consume dairy in products from time to time. I am a vegan but not a strict strict one. I also wake constantly around 4am and have trouble falling back asleep? I am going to really pay attention to the dairy and see if I can eliminate it completely and see if it helps. thank you!