Buying bulk nuts/seeds in the U.K

I’m having real trouble finding anywhere that sells bulk raw nuts, seeds & other products in the UK. I have such a limited budget & thought it would be cheaper to buy in bulk.If only I could find somewhere! I’m really wishing I lived in the U.S at the moment, it would be alot easier xxx

Comments

• FeeFee Raw Master

I think Suma do bulk sales of stuff – but the smallest order is £150! Where abouts in the UK are you? If there were others close by you could make up a joint order.

• Thanks Fee, £150 is a bit much for my budget! LOL I live in Hampshire, so along the South coast, haven’t seen anyone near me on here yet:)

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Why not start a potluck, then you’ll meet loads of people and you can buy in bulk. We were going to do this but we never got round to it, I think because we stopped eating any nuts or seeds apart from sunflower seeds which are dirt cheap anyway! Suma is the best place, really. I think if two of you got £75 worth each that wouldn’t be too much of a huge order?

We get about 20-30 people coming to our Potluck, it really is the highlight of our month. It is well worth doing.

• FeeFee Raw Master

I know Hampshire – well Vaguely, I was brought up in Berkshire where my family still live but now Im up North near Chris and Zoe. Hope you find some helpful others soon.

• Thanks for the idea’s you two;)

I’ve been waiting to get a response from you Zoe or Chris, your my raw idols:) I’d love to do a raw potluck but unfortunately I’m housebound & mostly bedbound because of my illness so I can’t do that at the moment. Maybe one day:) a girl can dream.

I think I’m going to stick with the cheap seeds & just buy small quantities of nuts for special occassions. Zoe, do you find the seeds work well as a replacement in all nut based recipes? Thanks