Ex Atheist/Agnostics - Why?

Hi to everyone!

I’m a former atheist. I’m as most people’s are a sceptic by nature, and like a sceptic I have to be proven something by facts and evidence in order to believe it and accepted (but I always maintain a moto “just because I don’t believe in something, it doesn’t mean it’s not real”) – and after I was proved that monkeys’s just a monkey and not my cousin, I became an ex-Atheist, but I’m gona write about my experience next time,

but for now I just wanted to find out about your experiences, and what happened to you, that made you a believer?

Comments

• Hi Arijel5, are you a Christian? Because this discussion would be better suited to the hello raw christian thread. Kandace (the owner of this site) has graciously asked that these sorts of conversations and support take place on one of two threads – the atheist/agnostic or the christian. (that is, if you fall somewhere into these categories). This is due to recent combative activity and several new threads opening up that had to do with religious themes in order to prosyletize and argue. I do not believe that this is your intention at all – but want to be sensitive to those who’ve been offended. Though these conversations are very welcome, the new threads were usurping the home page and forums. This forum is so very open to ALL walks of life and all people – we just want to respect the nature of the site. Check out those two threads (the atheist and christian) and possibly join in with the wonderful voices there. Please know that you and the things you have to offer to the raw food community are very welcome.

• No ofcourse it wasn’t my attention, ‘cause I really didn’t know that the owner has asked that similar posts/threads take place and limit them on two egsisting threads (atheist/agnostics – and christinas)due to heated disscucions – and since I was reading some posts at those two threads and like you said some posts were combative and people were jumping from one thing to another, so that chaos(heated disscusions, arguing,and jumping from topic to topic) was the only reason that made me wanna post this question as a new (separated) topic, ‘cause I wanted to avoid and get a way from chaotic discussions

So if I had known, I wouldn’t have opened and singled out this as a new topic

So I understand, no problem. The owner can lock this topic.

Thanks!