Emotional Detox

heyenglishheyenglish Raw Newbie

Gah!!! I’m having a crappy time at the moment. Seriously crappy. I’m all stressed and anxious and just plain old sad and blue.

This is my seventh week of being 100% Raw. I pretty much dived right into it from being vegan for a year and a half. I started my journey the week my boyfriend left for job training in PA. (We live in GA.) He was gone for 6 weeks, and during that time, I adjusted to my new raw life, went from sporadically working out to joining a gym and committing myself to at least 5/days a week of working out there, and made a couple new friends. This is all on top of a full-time job, a part-time job, and volunteering every other weekend at a local cat shelter. Needless to say, I was incredibly busy for those 6 weeks. This suited me just fine, because it made the time I was away from my boyfriend fly by. I even lost 20lbs! I was feeling pretty damn awesome too.

But, I guess during all that time, I never really emotionally detoxed. It was purely physical. Now my boyfriend has been back a week, and I’m so happy to see him again. But, he’s only had to work one day this week (so far), so he’s been wanting to spend all his free-time with me. This is great… but, my free-time is totally lacking. I’m having to fit him in between everything else, and we’re both having to adjust. He’s also a little frustrated with the eating situation, as it’s something completely new to both of us. And, to add on to this adjustment, my parents are being a little less than supportive. I’m doing my best to make them see that going raw is just like when I “randomly” decided to go vegan before. I’m not being that successful though, and it’s tough not being able to talk to my mum about everything like I usually do.

All this crap is combining to make me feel really stressed out. So, I’m now having issues sleeping. This insomnia isn’t making matters any easier. And, on top of that, I’m still trying to get used to how everything is making me feel. I’ve lost a total of 85lbs since January ‘07, and suddenly guys are checking me out again and everyone’s telling me how great I look, and I can’t get my head around it. I know I’ve put in all this hard work and taken a really long journey, and I’m proud of it all… but it almost seems like the entire time I’ve been losing weight, I haven’t really noticed it. And now, all of a sudden, bam! I have a new body and my head’s still the same.

I guess I’m not really looking for any advice. I just needed to vent and get support from everyone here. You guys are my raw family.

Comments

• There, there sister. lots of ears to listen and shoulders to lean on here. Sometimes talking and venting helps make things clearer. : )

peace, blessings and sunshine on you today.

btw, congratulations on your achievements!

• Stick with it Sista! Youre doing so so well! I can relate right with you on all the physical transformations (Ive lost over 50 lbs) I think you’re in the prime place to do some soul searching and clear house of old emotional baggage. Make a goal for this weekend to do one thing youve never done before that you always wanted to (learn to knit, skydive, do a fun run, take up oil painting). Now is the time for the new you. I think you’ll love becoming the person you were meant to be.

• Oh dear, must be somethin’ in the air. I’m doin some massive emotional detoxing lately too and I’m on my 5th week of being raw. Your workload seems so much, I feel ya. Congrats on your weightloss and journey, you’re an inspiration to me for sure…I’ve lost 45 of the 100 I am aiming to lose. Anyways, just wanted to say you’re not alone and give ya a (((hug)))

• heyenglishheyenglish Raw Newbie

Thanks for all your kind words. It really helps when others are experiencing the same dang things as you. I definitely feel a little better.

Bubbaw6 – kudos to you on your journey, especially doing a juice feast! There’s no way I’d be ready for that. I have a lot more research to do on the subject before I attempt my first one. I’m definitely planning on having some fun this weekend, too. I’ve already hit the gym for the day, so as soon as I get out of work, I’m letting it loose. I’m treating myself to a bottle of vegan, organic wine (still trying to find a brand I love) and going on a local ghost tour with my boyfriend tonight. I’ve been wanting to do this for ages!

mellie-bellie – I have a (((hug))) right back at you. Congrats on all your progress! As you get nearer to your goal, it actually gets pretty scary how quickly it goes. It felt like I got stuck at the 65lb mark for a couple months, then all of a sudden, another 20lbs just disappeared. I think I have a little anxiety about losing the last 25lbs in my goal. I’ve been hiding behind my weight for so long, and obviously I’m not able to do that anymore. No wonder I’m emotionally detoxing like crazy! 

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

heyenglish-

You have friends here! Don’t worry – you will get the hang of it.

It is unfortunate but it almost expected that you will lose friends and maybe family members when you change like this. My friends were none to thrilled when I went vegetarian – they got used to it eventually but there was always this strain there – not spoken of. When I went vegan it was even worse, I was eventually “phased” out of these people lives – and it really hurts but you make new friends who believe in what you are doing. It is sad that people just can’t deal with other trying to make their lives better and be different. I think it makes them self-conscious about themselves and their bad diets so they decide to stay away from us.

The pressure of not having anyone to talk to about your problem – I can so relate to that. My parents don’t want anything to do with me for the most part. I lost my best friend because I changed.

And yes, there is emotional detox plus it sounds like you are super busy! But look at the weight you lost – congrats for you! Don’t forget you are doing this for you and no one else – if others don’t like it well that is their problem to deal with!

We are hear to listen to you. :)

• have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

I’ve been doing “emotional detoxing” as well. everything has been strange…

Congratulations on the 85lbs. wow! :)