Raw Food in Washington, DC!

germin8germin8 Raw Master

While voting in the 2008 Veggie Awards posted here I found a veg restaurant in DC. I checked out their menu… and they have RAW, RAW, RAW food on their menu. The place is Java Green Cafe – javagreencafe.com located on 19th St NW between L & K St NW. A must try if you are in the area! I know I’ll be visiting soon… when we visit the Newseum.

Select Food Menu from this page to see their menu.

Comments

• Thanks! I’ve been visiting for two weeks and will be here for two more. I’ll have to stop by there. This is my third week raw and would like options when going out to eat.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

You should also check out Everlasting Life Cafe. I’ve never been there, just heard about it.

If you go to a thai place, like Sala Thai you can order the garden rolls and papaya salad. A mostly raw dish.

Mediterranean places have tabouli, shirazi salad, and their regular salad are mostly raw.

Also, if you are in the Olney, MD or Clarksville, MD area you should visit Roots Market. They have raw options there! You may even want to go to Great Sage restaurant there. It’s not raw, but it’s organic… you can try a salad there or something, and it’s by the Roots Market in Clarksville.