Just got my 9-tray Excalibur...It's GIGANTIC....

I got the 9-tray ‘cos I figured ‘what the heck’, it was only another 20 pounds more than the 5-tray…

But holy guacamole!! This thing is like the size of a microwave!!!

I feel a bit embarrased and think that maybe I overdid it this time, but I was really trying to do the best for myself.

Does anyone have one that uses the whole thing??? Do I now have a behemoth of a machine needlessly??

I feel a bit guilty…It’s kinda spoiled the ‘new-toy’ vibe…. :(

Comments

• I KNOW RIGHT? Huge!!! Hehehe, I thought the same thing when I got mine! I still don’t know how to fill it though…

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

I use the whole thing. Dry fruit, dry tomatoes, loads of bread or tortillas.

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

I actually want to get one that big. I’m sure I’ll figure what to fill it with… :)

• i felt the exact same way as you performingmantis!! and i still struggle with filling it up everytime I use it. and I make sure I do so because I feel it is a waste not to fill it up each time its running. I try to double onion bread recipes and even combine sweet recipes w/non sweet drying at the same time. good luck.

• springleafspringleaf Raw Newbie

What about flax crakers? make two or three different kinds and then store them in airtight containers. Or the green popcorn (with cauliflower) that was on the fave recipes for a few days. Or, do you have a raw friend nearby, maybe you could double up and then share half each.

• Hi Gals! I’m so glad to hear these comments, as I was just thinking that a dehydrator is the next thing I need! Once again, perfect timing! By the way Performing Mantis, Thank You all for the hearty laughs as I was reading through these! I don’t know if it’s just that it’s 4:30am here and I’m goofey from being up still or if it’s the Colloidal Gold I’ve been taking but, I was cracking up. Ahhh, going raw! So many adventures…

• Winona- I am new to dehydrating and wondering if you could share some of your favorite bread recipes- I have made some delicious crackers using pulp from juicer, a lemon, spices and ground flax seeds- but now I want to make some breads. Thanks! Also replying to Perf Manis: my son buys 3 pineapples as well as many other fruits and can fill a 5 tray with all kinds of dried fruit- also you can dry out your soaked nuts which is nice- I also have put in some jicama fried rice which is very watery just to dry it a bit. I think it s the kind of thing where you dont know you “needed” it until you actually get it and then all of a sudden you are using it like crazy- you will enjoy it!

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

rawyummy – I don’t know any good bread recipes. That’s one area in which i’m not proficient. I’ll start a thread on it though!