getting nuts to be smooth?

chicorychicory Raw Newbie

I don’t know if I am trying to reach an unattainable goal here, but is it possible to blend even softer nuts (after soaking) to a creamy state with no discernible nut texture? Normally i like texture, just not in pudding/soup/dessert type dishes that would be more pleasant without the grittiness.

Comments

• have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

the only thing I personally can think of, is to dehydrate them after and grind them in a coffee grinder. But that’s a pain, and it also depends on your coffee grinder. Mine has been used so much recently, that it doesn’t get them quite as smooth. :( but they’re still great. Especially if you put them in a dessert or soup as you mentioned. In my milk though, there is a slight noticeable texture because the milk itself is so smooth and soft.

• I’ve got a high speed Vitamix Prep blender and it smashes nuts into a creamy paste within seconds! In fact, you could chuck a block of wood in that thing and it would turn into soup! Seriously – it’s the best thing I’ve every purchased and well worth the expense. Especially if you want SMOOTH. I blend everything! I love how quickly and efficiently it juices, blends, grinds and pulverizes basically anything you put into it. Before then, I was getting sick of gritty nuts, too. I tried a cheap blender, a pro juicer and a coffee grinder but they just couldn’t do it.

Hope this helps :) Fi

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Cashews and pine nuts both blend up creamy with a little liquid added, even without a Vita-Mix.